Chapter 9: Mason

Sophie's POV

He opened his eyes and it was weird. He had one blue eye and one green eye. He looked at me in surprise and was stunned for a moment. My cheeks began to heat up. I just realized that I sang out loud.

"Sorry," I said kind of flustered.

"Are you Sophie?" he asked in a hopeful voice and ignored my apology.

What is he so hopeful about? Who is he anyway?

"Yes, who are you?" I asked.

He seemed a little suspicious. I've never seen him before.

"Mason," he said.

"Oh, hi" was all I could say.

Jenn was right. This guy was hot and he could play the piano. Why's he interested in me?

"Um...you're really good at the piano!" I said.

"Thanks," he said with a boyish smile.

He stood up and started heading toward me. Mason stared at me for a while, then he hugged me. I turned wide eyed. Why was he hugging me?

"Αδελφή ψυχή" (in Greek) he whispered in my ear.

My birthmark was heating up and my whole body was tingling. What is he doing to me? Is he my mate?

"What?" I asked confused.

he smiled again and I swear I could see hope, happiness, and love in his eyes. Okay...this is kind of freaking my out cause I got a rush of happiness when I saw that.

I looked at him in wonderment and asked, "Are you my mat--"

My sentence was cut off by loud stomping footsteps. In a moment Luke was behind me, huffing from him coming here so quickly. He growled.

"What the hell Lulu?" I said as I turned around.

Uh oh...his eyes were turning black...

He growled again, but this time more louder.

"Luke? What's wrong? Why are you mad?" I asked frantically.

An angry wolf that has alpha blood wasn't the best. They can do really scary stuff when they're infuriated.

"MINE!" Luke growled through clenched teeth.

My eyes widened. "What's yours?"

He just growls again and grabs my arm.

"MATE!" I hear his wolf say.

My eyes widen even more if that's possible. Suddenly the moon goddess thought it was perfect timing to awaken my wolf.

My whole body started to burn as my bones elongated and shifted. Skin turning into fur. Hands and legs becoming paws and a tail popping out.

I growled in annoyance. This mean't my heat will start at it's strongest. I just hope no one tries to rape me. I've heard of that happening before and that is something I do not wanna go through.

Wait what am I doing? Worrying about getting raped when I should be thinking about my first shift! How did I survive the shift without getting some kind of horrible pain. Unless my mate is with me?

I looked at the two boys that were now both in front of me. I first looked at Luke to see if his claim was true.

"MATE!" my wolf squealed in delight.

Then I looked at Mason and saw this bright pinkish light around him.

Somewhere in the back of my head it said, "Αδελφή ψυχή" in a longing voice.