Chapter 19: Whispers

A/N hey guys! So sorry for the long wait >< I can never get myself to continue writing and the only time I'm in the mood for writing seems to be late at night or when I'm limited on time like literally I'm writing during passing periods in school XD

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END. PLEASE LOOK AND COMMENT

THANK YOU~

~~~~~~ RECAP~~~~~~

SOPHIE'S POV~

Suddenly a burning sensation grew from my birthmark and within minutes I'm crumpled up on the floor again from all the pain. It was like the shift to my wolf but 10 times worse. I started screaming and wailing. I felt like I was being burned alive and it was driving me crazy. The feverish fire that started at my birthmark was spreading out all over my body like a wave. I was screaming at Selene to help me but she just stood there shaking her head.

Tears were pouring out of my eyes like a waterfall as I continued to feel like a burnt marshmallow toasting at a camp fire. I was melting with every second that the burning sensation engulfed me as if were to eat me whole. At this point I was pleading for her help. I was trickling buckets of sweat that mixed in with my tears. My clothes were soaked and I felt like I was about to pee myself. No matter how much liquid was coming off of me, it did nothing to take extinguish the blazing heat. Bawling like a baby on the ground I felt like I was literally going to die right at that moment before it became too much for me and I blacked out.

MASONS POV~

Suddenly Selene teleports right in front of us and says, "Adrian, what a nice surprise!"

I roll my eyes but stop suddenly when I notice Selene's wicked smile. Oh shit. That smile was a cue for me to run.

I ran out like there was no tomorrow, quickly forgetting about the whole reason I came there. The only thing on my mind was to flee from this place fast. If I'm lucky, which I rarely am, Selene won't catch me.

That wicked smile of her's was a cruel warning of what was in store for those who wronged her in any way. Even if the reason was for the most stupid, simplest, childish thing.

Wicked smile's on that woman's face was a promise of torture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MASON'S POV~

"Adrian, dear, come here! You don't want to keep me waiting!" Selene yelled out.

You could practically hear the grin on her face and the chills ran down my back. She quickly sped up to me as if just taking a gigantic leap here and there to get to me wasn't so hard, while I was sprinting away as if my life depended on it. I tried to run as fast as I could, even though I was supernatural and had better abilities than humans, I still was no match for the wicked boss that was hunting me down.

"ADRIAN? COME HERE!" she continued to yell.

It wasn't hard to understand she was becoming a little irritated from the chase. Most of the others that worked in 'Clear' either didn't give her a chase this long or just opted out of running and just accepted their fate.

"ADRAINNNNN!!!" Selene roared out and in a blink of an eye she was right there in front of me.

I skidded to a stop and avoided nearly crashing into her. Upon looking up to her face you could see the rage seeping out of her eyes. I cowered back in fear of what she was scheming to do to me.

"Adrian, dear, why did you make me chase you?" she asked with a tightly knit smile that just barely contained how pissed off she was.

"Um...I...um...forgot to get something. Yeah! I forgot something, so I'm in a rush to go get it," I quickly told her any excuse. But damn that was a really bad one. I looked from the corners of my eyes trying to find if there were any possible escape route I could take, but goddamn it I was in a dead end hallway with no windows and all the doors are near her.