Chapter 17: Taken By Selene

OMG I'm sooooo sorry guys! I thought I could update every week...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RECAP:

She smiled and said, "no problem, but maybe next time be careful going out into the woods. You're very lucky that we found you before they could drag you down."

Drag me down? What does she mean?

The nurse must have seen my face because she clarified it for me and said, "The Little Monsters traces were all over you. You were nearly taken in by them."

WHAT!? Taken by them? I thought they wanted me dead or something, not drag me down to wherever they're going.

"Why would they take me?" I asked her.

Her face suddenly turned extremely serious as she said this, "You're their counterpart."

"There counterpart?" I asked again.

"Yes, I will tell you more later, but right now you need to take your medication and rest." Laura made me lay down and she rummaged through a bunch of tablet cases until she found the right one and handed it to me. I drank it and the world started to blur.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sophie's POV

"M'am I think you gave her to much sedatives," a deep voice said.

who was that? I can't recall hearing this voice before.

"Mike, I didn't. She's just really slow at waking up," I hear someone say.

hmmm that sounded familiar. Where have I heard that voice before?

"Are you even sure that she's one of us? What proof do you have? Just cause they attacked her doesn't mean she's one of us. They're always going after someone and it isn't necesairly one of us that they go for. They can pretty much go for anyone. They don't care, they're just ruthless bastards that want all the good in the world to be destroyed and gone forever so that we may suffer like them, and like we---"

I stopped listening to him after that because it just sounded like he'd do this continuing rant and just go on and on and on about how I'm not "one of them" or whatever. What does he mean by "one of them" anyway? Aren't I werewolf like them? Or are they human? I mean I am human in a way, sort of. But what are they? Are they a sort of alien or something? Do they plan to attack me? They already have me kidnapped. Not much further and they could be raping or beating me to death. Either way, both were unpleasant thoughts. Hopefully they weren't doing either to me. That would suck if they did, but what can you do if they do decide to do that to me?

Wait, what can I do if they do that to me? I mean I'm pretty next to useless here. I guess I can still hear probably because I have werewolf hearing but otherwise I was next to as useful as a stick in the mud...why am I even comparing myself to stick in the mud. See how weird my mind is, it's pretty weird how I'm coming up with this stuff. I don't even know why I'm thinking about this stuff. I have a feeling that I'm just ranting in my head again, oh well.

I guess I'll keep on ranting till I feel something in my body or till I can finally open my eyes. Until then I'll just keep on ranting about random stuff...like...ummm Chocolate! Chocolate's delicious! Especially milk chocolate with caramel. Mmmmmm that stuff is heaven! Unlike dark chocolate, yeah I know it's healthy but it's not as tasty...

"ENOUGH!" someone yelled, taking me out of my mind rant.

I opened my eyes and started to listen again to what was going on.

"But M'am," a man with a buzz cut and deep voice said.

"What?" the familiar voice snapped.

I couldn't see the person who had the familiar voice so I moved a little closer to the edge of the bed to see if I could have a better view.

"She's awake," he said pointing in my direction.

I gulped as all eyes in the room were on me. Dammit I should've closed my eyes quicker, but as the familiar voice looked at me, I looked back into her eyes. Her big eyes and brown hair...it was the nurse!

"Hello Sophie, how are you feeling?" she asked as she came to me.

"Good?" I asked, not knowing what else to say.

A million questions were going through my mind and I wanted to ask them all at once in fear of forgetting the other questions if I only asked one.

She chuckled and held her hand out for me to shake. I sat up on the bed and reluctantly shook her hand.

"I'm Selene, the boss of 'Clear'

**************************************

Mason's POV

I was sitting down in the waiting room watching the people pass by. There was an old couple sitting to my right talking about some memories and a middle aged man walking back and forth, lost in his own mind as he was muttering to himself in worry, to my left.

This was taking too long. It's already been past the beginning of visiting hours. That stupid nurse wouldn't let me see my Αδελφή ψυχή.

I needed to see her soon. My insides were churning with worry and concern. This was not how I planned meeting my Αδελφή ψυχή would be like. I was supposed to be hers and vice versa. We would be in love and we'd have children.

Just the thoughts were getting me excited. Yet she chose that stupid mutt over me. That stupid, idiotic bastard that I bet had something to do with her getting injured and put into a hospital. When I get my hands on that pathetic weasel, I'll kill him in the most gruesomest way possible, the 'Clear's' way of killing.

I smiled at the thought of how I would be able to torture him. I would take my sweet time killing him if he is really the reason why my Αδελφή ψυχή was put into the hospital. Even if he wasn't the reason, I would still enjoy it. He was chosen when I should've been the one. Nothing was going to stop me from having her as mine.

"Is there a Mason in the room?" someone asked.

I raised my eyes and saw a tall brunette nurse calling out my name.

"Yes," I said.

She skimmed the room until her eyes met mine and said, "I have a message for you from Selene, please follow me."

I got up from my seat and almost tripped in the process. I've been sitting far too long that my legs have fallen asleep. I shook my legs a little to try and wake them up and get rid of those tingles and followed the nurse into an empty hallway.

"Selene, says that she has taken Sophie home," she told me quickly and left.

Home...what does she mean by home? I took out my phone and called Selene. First ring...nothing...second ring...third ring...finally at the fourth ring she picked up.

"Hello, Mason why are you calling right now?" she asked.

"Where is Sophie?!" I yelled.

"Mason do not use that tone of voice with me!" Selene yelled back.

"Sorry, but I need to know where you took her, I need her now!" I said restlessly.

"I brought her to headquarters," she said and hung up.

Quickly I started to run out of the hospital and tried my best not to run into anyone. I was finally going to see my Αδελφή ψυχή!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG I AM SO SORRY GUYS! I PROMISED I WOULD UPDATE WEEKLY AND I JUST COULDN'T DO IT :/

I'LL TRY TO UPDATE MORE OFTEN BUT NO PROMISES. (LESSON LEARNED)

I HAVE BEEN BUSY THESE PAST FEW MONTHS I HAD SUMMER SCHOOL AND THERE WERE TIMES WHEN I WAS FINALLY GOING TO UPDATE THIS STORY BUT MY MOM WOULD TAKE MY LAPTOP (SHE HAS A PROBLEM WITH IF SHE GIVES IT TO ME IT'S CALLED MINE) AND I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO CONTINUE TYPING THE CHAP. OTHER TIMES WERE WRITERS BLOCK AND FINALLY STARTED HIGH SCHOOL...

so anyway please comment, follow and vote