Chapter 10: Wisdom

Sophie's POV

I watched in horror as Luke attacked Mason. Then Mason started glowing and the light was so bright that it blinded me. I covered my eyes until the light wasn't as blinding. After a few seconds I thought it was safe to look so I took a peek and saw Luke against the wall as Mason grabbed his neck.

My wolf was growling and shouting at me to tell Mason to stop before she took control and ripped off his pale neck.

"Mason STOP!!!" I shouted.

He hesitated for a minute and finally let go of Luke's neck. Luke fell to the ground and started coughing.

I felt my eyes flickering from blue to black. No! I didn't want my wolf to take over! I started to fight for control and Mason came up to me and hugged me. I started to tremble. My wolf was really pissed at Mason. But for some reason when he hugged me and started to rub his thumbs in circular motions on my back I started to slowly relax. Especially when he whispered "Αδελφή ψυχή."

For some reason that word had this calming effect on me and I had this nagging feeling that I should know what that word mean't, but when I tried to think about the word nothing came to mind.

"What does that mean?" I asked Mason curiously.

"You will know soon my Αδελφή ψυχή," he said and gave me a sweet smile.

That smile made my heart beat quicken. Oh gosh, I feel so attracted to him. What the hell is wrong with me? Luke is clearly my mate. So why do I feel this connection with Mason?

Then somewhere in the back of my head I heard someone say faintly, "he is our Αδελφή ψυχή."

"Did you hear that?" I asked Mason.

He gave me a confused look and asked, "hear what?"

"Nothing," I said as I shook my head.

I must've just imagined it...

Suddenly Luke is up and growling again. His green eyes darkening. I forgot about Luke...

"Luke, it's okay..."

He growled in response and charged at Mason. Mason brought his hand out and a bright greenish light sparked out of his hands and wrapped around Luke like a lasso.

Luke was trying to escape the light but every time he moved it tightened around him.

"What are you doing?" I asked Mason.

He looked at me and said, "I'm restraining him."

I just stared at him like he was crazy. Until we heard the click clacking of heels stomping on the floor. Uh oh Jenn's angry or panicked...

"What is taking you guys so long?!" she exclaimed.

Her eyes widened once she realized the situation.

"Wh-wha-what is that?" she stuttered while pointing at Mason's light lasso.

"Light?" I guessed.

Mason smiled at me and nodded.

"Well I guess I know why you're pack warrior now," Jenn said.

He was pack warrior?!

"You're pack warrior?!" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes, why is that so hard to believe?" he asked while mocking hurt.

"No reason..."

"Well Mason, we gotta go back to the pack! Sorry Soph, I wish we could stay longer, but we weren't exactly supposed to go..." Jenn told me.