Chapter 3: My mouth knows...?

Sophie's POV

I just stayed there hurting and confused. Luke acted weirdly when he woke up and it hurt me. That's where my confusion started. Why would that hurt me? Why would I care? It's not like I like him or anything. He's just my old best friend.

So why am I getting a slight heartache on this? It just doesn't make sense.

"Sophie! What are you doing up, this early?" Someone asked in a surprised voice.

I look up to see my uncle Ray. He's all dressed up and ready for his Beta duties as usual. I shrug my shoulders.

He eyes me suspiciously and asks if I ate breakfast yet.

I shake my head and he sighs.

"What do you want for breakfast?Blueberry pancakes or waffles?" he asks.

I start squealing and jumping up and down like a five year old shouting, "BLUEBERRY PANCAKES!!!"

Uncle Ray chuckles and tells me to settle down before the whole pack wakes up because of me.

We go into the kitchen and started looking for the ingredients.

"Sophie, how are you and Luke now?" he asks.

"Best friends again?"

He raises a brow and asks, "again?"

"Yep"

"Did you find anything strange?"

ahhhh so that's what he's getting to...

"He doesn't have a girlfriend" I state.

"You know that wasn't what I was asking" he tells me.

"Yeah, I know" I say with a smile on my face.

Uh...why am I smiling? Jeez! I've been starting to feel weird ever since I came here.

"You'll be starting school today" Uncle Ray said, interrupting my thoughts.

I groan. Nooooo! I don't want to start school again. I thought I'd get a mini vacation or something.

"Can I not go to school?" I asked.

He shook his head and I sighed.

"You know you have to go to school"

"But I don't want to! Can I please not go to school?" I pleaded.

I used my secret weapon just in case he was even thinking of saying no.

He murmurs something under his breath and says, "fine, but only for today."

"YES! Thanks uncle Ray!" I said as I went up to hug him.

As I hugged him I heard him murmur, "damn puppy dog eyes."

I smile. Everyone just couldn't resist my puppy dog eyes. What can I say? I'm a pro at it.

Once I'm done hugging uncle Ray, I start running out the kitchen, when I hit something hard. Sparks fly up my body as I come into contact with that person.

"Soph, watch where you're going" someone said.

I look up and see Luke.

"Good morning Lulu!"

Luke groans and says,"morning, sorry, I forgot to show you your room."

"Oh, that's okay, so where's my room?" I ask.

"It's right next to mine. Do you remember where it is?"

I shake my head and ask, "can you show me?"