Chapter 7: A necklace

Sophie's POV

"Sophia, please come to my office," alpha Rick said as he started walking.

I followed him until we got to his office. I gawked at the sight. I haven't been here in a long time. The last time I was here was because Luke and I were causing some trouble and got caught. It was kinda funny though. We were pulling pranks on the adults. All the beers had some pepper powder sprinkled in. We watched them breathe out fire. Luke and I were laughing so hard that you could practically see tears coming out of our eyes.

Sadly we laughed to hard that they found us and well it didn't turn out well...and it didn't help me out with the other pack members. I was already bullied because of the way I looked. My complexion was extremely pale and I had really bright blond hair that they would refer to me as the "dumb blond vampire."

Sometimes they would spill red juice on me or throw tomatoes at me and scream out, "AAAAAHHHHH! Stupid blond vampire is going to bite me!" or they would snicker at the sight of me all red and dripping.

The only people in the pack who never bullied me was alpha Rick's family, my family and Mrs. Prill. Mrs. Prill was a widow who was the elder in the pack. I would often visit her. She was like a grandma to me. She taught me many things while my parents were busy. She told me to persevere through their bullying. Not to give them the satisfaction of making me miserable.

I would wonder why they wanted me miserable in the first place? I never did anything to them. In fact I don't even know them, but whenever they see me they glare daggers at me and my family. Especially me.

So anyway back to the present,no need to dwell on bad memories.

Why does alpha Rick want to see me?

"Sophia, take a seat. I need to talk with you" he said.

I took a seat on the green couch right next to the door and stared at his office some more.

"Sophia, do you remember your mother?" alpha Rick asked.

"Yes?" I asked.

Where is this going?

"Well your mother told me to give you--" he started rummaging through his stuff until he found a box, "this. Your mother always had this crazy sixth sense of knowing what would happen. She gave me this box and told me to give it to you on your 16th birthday."

He hands me the box and I stare at it. It was a beautiful wooden box that was embroidered into this amazing scenery that seems vaguely familiar. I felt like I knew that place in the box. Then I looked at the other side of the box. It was etched into weird markings and had this eerie glow to them.

At first glance you'd think this box was one of those...what do you call it? Those boxes that you twist the metal handle and the ballerina in the box spins. I still don't remember what they're called but that's what this box looks like form afar.

I opened the box guessing it would be one of those little pink ballerinas even though I couldn't find that metal thing that you had to twist.

Now I remember what it is! A music box! that's what it's called!

When I opened the box there was a tiny mirror embedded on the lid and inside the box was unbelievably white silk with a little card wedged into the side of it. I opened the card and It said:

My dear,

Happy 16th Birthday. Your father and I love you very much!

If you are getting this then I'm already gone. I just want to wish you

happy birthday! and may my present guide you through hardships.