Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Laura's POV

"Laura, wait! It's not what it-"

"I know what I saw!" I spat at him, cutting Mitchel off, tears running down my cheeks before I span around and ran back downstairs with Mitchel following close behind me.

"Laura, let me explain please! It's not what it looked like, I promise you!" he yelled, his voice breaking at the end as I ran through the lounge room where everyone was dancing.

"Laura!" Mitchel pleaded, catching up to me and grabbed my hand.

"Get off me!" I yelled, pulling my hand away before running out the back door and onto the beach. I heard Lachlan, Mitchel's best mate calling out to me as I ran past him on the deck. I ignored him, continuing to run down on to the beach, turning right once I reached the sand and ran down to one of the grass areas like the one where I had my date with Mitchel the other night. I sat down, pulling my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them before burying my face into my knees.

"Laura!" I heard someone call me but I kept my head down and continued crying, the tears flowing faster now. It sounded like Luke calling my name in the distance. I heard Luke panting next to me but I kept my head down still.

"Shhh, its okay... What happened?" Luke hushed me, wrapping his arms around me, rocking me back and forth slowly to calm me down. I sniffled, bringing my face up to wipe the tears away and looked up at him.

"M-Mitchel, I-I saw him m-making out with s-some g-girl..." I sobbed trailing off, the tears building up in my eyes again.

"... What!" Luke hesitated at first; taking it all in and he pulled me closer to him, rubbing my back up and down comfortingly.

"I thought he loved me..." I said under my breath, my voice cracking at the end.

"He does... Very much, you can tell the way he looks and touches you. I've never seen him like this before so he truly does love you... Maybe just hear him out, let him explain his side of the story" Luke suggested and I thought about it for a minute before replying.

"Okay... I guess you got a point there" I forced a smile on my face, looking up at him.

"I'll go get him for you" he smiled at me warmly and I hugged him tightly, burying my face into the crook of his neck.

"Thanks Luke" I pulled away and pecked him on the cheek.

"It's alright babe" he smiled before getting up and heading back down to the house to get Mitchel. I stared out at the waves crashing onto the shore, the odd few tears rolling down my cheeks and onto the sand. A few minutes later I saw Mitchel walking towards me in the distance; he was wiping his eyes every now and then and pulling at his hair. Was he crying?

"Laura, can you please just listen to me and let me explain what happened, I can promise you with all my heart it wasn't what it looked like" he pleaded as he sat down next to me, his eyes were all red and puffy from crying. He looked pretty hurt and torn like I was.

"Fine, just start from the very beginning then..." I trailed off, my voice slightly cracking at the end.

"Okay... Well after you left the kitchen to go to the bathroom, my old friend who used to like me last year came straight into the kitchen after you left. She said she wanted to talk in private so she grabbed my arm in a death grip, literally, and pulled me to the top of the stairs. She wanted me to be her boyfriend but I told her I already got a girlfriend who I love very much but she wasn't happy with that so she pushed me up against the wall and kissed me. You turned the corner just as she started kissing me and I went to push her away immediately, that's why it looked like I was holding her waist but instead I was pushing her away from me.  I promise you I didn't kiss her back, she came onto me like that. Never, ever would I do a thing like that to you Laura, you mean the absolute world to me and I don't ever want to lose you. You're way too special and precious to me you know that? I've never loved someone like you so much in my whole entire life..." Mitchel said tearing up, his voice cracking at the end after he explained everything to me. He looked so hurt and his eyes were glistened over with tears which were shining in the moonlight.