Sixteen

Reid and I reached my new hotel room in no time. Me, being the bitchy person I am, walked straight into the hotel without even waiting for Reid.

He knew I was closed off for good now. I couldn't even look him straight in the eyes without seeing his own pain and sadness towards me. I was sick of everyone feeling pity towards me. I couldn't handle it anymore.

"Jade, can we ple-"

"Just stop," I spat. My finger jabbed the elevator button with aggressive force.

"Jade-"

"Spencer," I harshly warned without looking him in the eyes.

"Please, just listen-"

"I said stop it!" I yelled. The whole lobby of hotel turn silent. Various pairs of eye were on us but I could care less. "I'm so done with today, please, just please, leave me the hell alone," I nearly growled.

The elevator doors opened and I stepped in. Reid was following me but I stopped him. "I think I should be alone," I said and pressed the close doors button.

He turned and walked away without one word. I sighed in relief and leaned against the wall.

"Please, hold the elevator!" I heard someone scream.

I peeked out and saw someone carrying a rather large box. Naturally, I felt bad so I stopped the doors from closing and let the person join me.

"Thank you," they said in a rough, low whisper. I shrugged in response.

The doors closed and we started to ascend to our separate floors.

Just as we were about to hit the stranger's floor, their hand came flying out of nowhere, dropping their box, and pressed the emergency stop button.

"What the hell, dude?!" I rudely questioned. For the first time, the stranger and I made eye contact. I immediately went to turn the emergency stop off but his hand slapped mine away quickly. "Please," I started to beg.

Zane stepped closer to me as I cowered in the corner. "Like I'm going to show you mercy," he scoffed.

His fist came and hit my freshly healed face. I cried out in pain as I fell to the floor.

"How did you find me?" I strained to ask.

He sadistically laughed. "Genevieve."

My heart dropped at the sound of her name. I knew exactly who she was.

**Flashback**

Here I was, sat crossed legged on me and Zane's bed just waiting for him to come home. He should've been here by now.

I nervously bit at my nails as I continued to wait. My fingers twisted a strand of my long blonde hair around my pointe finger.

The sound of the front door echoed throughout our nearly empty house. I heard Zane curse and a woman giggle instantly causing me to grow angry.

"Zane?" I called out as I started walking down the hall.

"Shit, just act normal," I barely heard Zane whisper to the woman.

Both of them came into view as I turned the corner into our front hall.

My eyes trailed to the girl in front of me. She had long, brown, curly hair and bright, noticeable green eyes. Her body was thin like a model's making me grow jealous of the nameless woman.

"Who's this?" I asked, trying not to sound too upset.

"What's it to you," Zane slurred. He was drunk. Fuck.

The woman giggled showing off perfectly lined, white teeth.

I fake smiled. "Come on, babe," I said.

His face scrunched up in disgust. "You know I hate pet names," he grumbled. Liar. "But, if you must know, this is Genevieve."

I showed a tight smile to her.

"She's so fucking nosy," Zane loudly whispered to Genevieve. She, again, laughed loudly. I laughed along.

"You told me she was pretty," the woman whispered to him.

"I did?!" He asked, surprised. A pain shot through my heart. "Wow, I'm really drunk," he laughed.

"Let's go," she whined to him.

He cleared his throat and turned to me. "Me and Genevieve are going to my office to um work. Don't wait up," he told me.

I nodded, turned back and reentered the bedroom. That night I cried myself to sleep knowing I wasn't loved. And knowing they weren't working due to the moaning and screaming I heard coming from his office.

*************************

"How could I forget her?" I rhetorically asked. She was also an extreme hacker. She could literally figure anything about anyone.

"She kinda...helped me," he chuckled.

My anger just fueled at the sight of him. He was probably cheating on me all the time we've been together.

"Why the hell are coming after me?!" I spat.

"You fucking tattled on me!"

I laughed. "This isn't grade school, dumbass!" I knowing calling him names and taunting him will only anger him further but maybe he'll just end it all for me. Finally.

"No, I know what you're doing," he calmly said as if he read my mind.

"Wow, I didn't know you were that smart," I sarcastically remarked with a forced smirk.

He started to breathe heavily. "I'm just-" he started to say but stopped. He then roughly grabbed my wrist and pulled me up.

I yelped in pain but held back my tears. I felt his hot breath on my face but I refused to look him in the eyes.

"I'll fuck you up," he growled.

And then I did it. It took all of my courage and strength but I did it. I looked him in the eyes. "Bite me."

He threw me onto the floor. I didn't even cringe this time.

"Fine, then I'll fuck with your boyfriend. Mentally."

"Wha-?" But before I could fully ask, he took my left wrist into his hands and made three cuts on the inner wrist. They looked self-inflicted.

He hit the emergency stop button and the doors opened. Zane threw the knife next to me and fled.

The doors closed leaving me alone. I was panicking but I couldn't really react. The amount of blood I was losing messed with me. I was dizzy, nauseous and felt sleepy. I couldn't even think straight. A faint ding echoed in my head, maybe it didn't echo really but I couldn't really comprehend anything right now.