One

Sirens blared in the distance. There's no doubt in my mind that they know where I live. There's no doubt they're in my apartment. How could I be so stupid?!

I pulled my hood up over my newly cut pixie styled hair and waited for my friend, Olivia, to pick me up.

Shit, I really screwed up. How didn't I see the security camera?! I've been doing this for years and haven't been caught yet but one tiny mistake ruined me.

"Morgan! I'm checking this alley!" Someone yelled. Fuck.

An extremely thin, tall, FBI agent started running down the alley I was in. There's no way this guy's an agent. I could totally take him.

I chuckled which kind of gave up my hiding spot. "Shit," I whispered to myself.

"Who's there?" The boy asked. Okay, Jade, make something up, I thought to myself.

I slowly stood up, appearing shaky and scared. "I-I'm sorry. I was just so scared," I stuttered in an artificial scared tone.

He holstered his gun and started toward me. "It's okay-" I cut him off by punching him. He fell to the ground unconscious. I honestly didn't think it'd be that easy. I pulled him by his ankles and placed him behind a dumpster out if sight. Just as I finished doing that, another man came running down this way.

"Reid!" He yelled. So, I'm guessing the agent's name is Reid.

The guy's eyes landed on me. "Did you see a guy run down this way?" He asked me.

"Um, I think he ran down the alley and turned...right? I don't know, I really wasn't paying attention, sorry," I answered him. He seemed to believe me since he started running that way.

"Thank you!" He yelled back.

"No problem!"

Geez, the FBI is crawling around this place. Literally every corner I ran past had a FBI agent near. I'm so lucky I made it this far to be honest. Liv better hurry up and get me before the feds do.

Almost as if it were on cue, Liv's old silver BMW rounded the corner and stopped in front of me.

"O.M.G! Jade what did you do to your hair!" She screeched.

"Shhh! Pipe the fuck down, will you?!" I harshly whispered. "And if you haven't noticed, the FBI are looking for Jade the girl with long blonde hair, not Jade the girl with short black hair."

"But how'd you change your eyes from blue to green?"

"Contacts, duh! Now help me put this guy in the trunk!" I demanded. She got out of the car and rushed over to where I put Reid.

"I thought you said I wouldn't be burying anymore bodies with you!" She whined.

"Shut up," I warned.

"Jade! He's an FBI agent!" She pointed out.

"Really? I thought those letters were his initials," I sarcastically stated. "And I swear to god if I get caught because you decided to play 20 questions with me, I will kill you," I glared at her.

"Right, sorry. Here..." She came over and picked him up by his ankles. I picked him up by his arms and we lowered him into the trunk.

"Now, could you take me to that barn off of route 129?" I asked her.

"Of course," she smiled.

I got into the passenger's seat and she got in the driver's side and started driving.

A/N: Crazy short chapter, I know. But this is more of an introduction chapter, they will eventually get long -Brynn

Edited 12/13/16