Five

⬛⬛⬛ Jade's POV ⬛⬛⬛

I was twirling a short strand of hair as my eyes swept across a page. My mind ran pictures of thoroughly detailed scenes in my head as I read the famous Tom Hardy book. This was my favorite book. It always had been. Maybe it had to do with the fact Tess Durbeyfield's life was as sad as mine.

A noise outside made my mind diminish the thoughts swirling in my head. I perked up, as did Reid, and slowly stood from my spot.

"It-" Reid started to speak but I shushed him. Slowly, I got up and moved toward a broken window. My heart thumped in my chest. I had to admit, I was terrified. We've been here for a week and I've been waiting for FBI or police officers to arrest me even if I'm so far into a forest I couldn't find my way out of here.

My head peaked out the window just in time to see a gold streak of something move around the old barn. My breath hitched in my throat as I pressed my body against the wall as much as I could. This was it. I was going to jail for who knows how long.

Another noise sounded but this time, it was closer. I held my breath as I waited for my inevitable arrest.

"Jadey?!"

As soon as I heard that, I breathed out and sighed in relief.

"Olivia, you scared the shit out of me!" I yelled. She bit her lip and furrowed her brow.

"Sorry."

I noticed she was holding another bag of stuff for Reid and me. She noticed my staring and giggled.

"I got some more stuff for you guys!" She smiled brightly. Ugh, sometimes she seemed a little too happy.

"Like?" I asked her.

"Uh, let me see," she said dragging out the e. She placed the bag down and reached inside. She pulled clothes out, shampoo & conditioner (which I have no I idea how we're going to use it), more food and some books.

"Thanks, Liv," I smiled. She smiled at me but then it turned into a frown. I furrowed my eyebrows. "What is it?" I asked her.

She sighed dramatically and sat down on a table. "Please don't be mad," she started to plead.

"Liv, what?" I sharply asked her. She bit at her lip nervously. Tears lined her eyes. Oh god, this can't be good.

"Uh, they kind of know what you look like," she quietly said. I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding in.

"Okay. That's not a huge deal." I looked over a Reid and he looked....relieved? Why would he be relieved?

"But there's something else." Liv added. I looked at her as if I were telling her to go on. "They've arrested Zane."

With this news, my blood ran cold. No, they couldn't have gotten him. I'm definitely screwed.

"H-How?! What's happening?!" I yelled. It felt like the world was crumbling down. My stomach felt shaken up, I was extremely nauseous.

"Who's Zane?" Reid innocently asked. Liv gave him a worried expression.

"He's working with them," she added to my never ending list of problems.

"I-I don't know what to do," I nearly cried. Black dots formed in my vision. Dizziness took over my mindset. And before I knew it, I fell to the ground.

My vision was slightly blurry but my head hurt like hell. I tried to get up but someone held me down.

"Shh, it's okay," whoever was holding me down whispered. Their fingers stroked through my hair gently. Their touch calmed me down somewhat.

Once my eyes came into focus, I looked up and met Reid's eyes. He smiled lightly. I returned the smile and let him run his fingers through my hair a few more times.

"Liv undid your ropes, huh?" I asked him after a certain amount of time.

"Yeah, she didn't know what to do when you passed out so I told her to untie me so I could help you," he explained.

"But you didn't leave?" I looked into his eyes again.

"No, I didn't."

"Why?"

"Jade," he started off. A small smile etched into his face as he looked down at me. "Despite our situation, I feel something toward you. It's probably completely unnatural to feel this way about someone who kidnapped you but I can't help it.

"When I look at you, I get those cliché butterflies that you read about in those horribly written romance novels. You make me happy in this weird way. You're almost like a drug to me. You make me feel things I've never felt before. Jade, this may seem crazy, but I think I'm falling in love with you."

When Reid finished, my heart felt as if it were pounding out of my chest. An unfamiliar warmth radiated inside my chest making me feel tingly in a way.

"Really?" I asked him with a ridiculous smile on my face.

"As insane as it sounds, yes."

Edited 12/13/16