Thirteen

⬜⬜⬜ Reid's POV ⬜⬜⬜

Jade fell asleep shortly after it tuned eleven. The doctors said I could sleep in here on a cot and of course, I agreed. As creepy as it may sound, I just sat here staring at her eyelids fluttering as she slept.

A knock at the door interrupted my train of thoughts. I turned around and saw Jade's friend Olivia.

"Oh, um, hi," I awkwardly said.

She sweetly smiled. "Hi," she quietly whispered.

I stood up from my cot and walked over to her so I didn't have to yell across the room.

"What's up?" I asked her. I noticed tears lined her eyes.

"What?" She asked, almost shocked I knew something was up. "Oh, uh, nothing. Just scared that I almost lost my best friend."

"Right..." I suspiciously said. She diverted her eyes away from mine and walked into the room.

"So, is she going to be okay?" She asked me.

"They think so, but just in case they're keeping her here for a few days."

Olivia stood there just looking at Jade. She looked like she was about to sob.

"She looks so helpless," Olivia whispered. She held Jade's hand and immediately started sobbing.

Being the awkward person I am, I just stood there wide-eyed and feeling a little scared that I was in this situation.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry," Olivia chanted as she sobbed into her hands.

"Um..." I started to say. "Are you okay?" I asked.

She quickly wiped her tears and half-heartedly smiled. "Uh, yeah. I'll be back to see her soon." She started to walk out but I caught her by her wrist.

"What's going on, Olivia," I said in a surprisingly authoritative tone.

"What do you mean? Everything's alright," she spoke fast.

I rolled my eyes. "I study human behavior; I know something is up."

She sighed and sat in a chair. "Please, please, please, don't tell Jade," she pleaded.

"I think we both know I can't make that promise."

She groaned but didn't get up to leave. "I did something I shouldn't have done." She glumly muttered.

"And what was that?" I questioned.

"I told him something," she vaguely answered.

"Him who?"

"Zane."

I stared at her. I didn't know if I should be shocked, angry or scared.

"W-What did you tell him?" I stuttered.

She looked down at her hands and started picking at her nails. "Well, you know how Jade called me after she got out of questioning?" I nodded. "Well, she told me where her hotel was just in case I wanted to see her."

Oh god, is this going where I think it's going? She didn't...

"And after I hung up with Jade, I got a call from an unknown number. I answered it for the hell of it and it turned out to be Zane, but I didn't know that. He lied and said he was her cousin at first. I gave him the address of her hotel and what hotel room she was in-"

"You told him?!" I screamed. She started tearing up again but I didn't care.

"I'm sorry-"

"Do you know how stupid that was?!"

"Please-"

"Reid?"

Olivia and I both turned our heads to see a freshly awakened Jade.

"Why the fuck are you screaming?" She groggily asked. I didn't even flinch at her profanity because I was too angry with Olivia.

"I'm sorry-" I started to say.

"Hey, Jadey," Olivia spoke up.

Jade smiled. "Hey, Liv!"

Olivia looked at me then to Jade. "I'm sorry," she blurted.

Jade chuckled. "Sorry about what?"

Olivia hesitantly looked at me but then back to Jade once more. "I-I-"

"Go on, tell her," I curtly said.

"I told Zane where your hotel was!" She sobbed.

I looked to Jade and couldn't even read the emotions she was feeling right now, but I knew for a fact that she's lost all trust in everyone.

Edited 12/14/16