Chapter 3. HOT!

The antaganizing beeping coming from your alarm were terrible.

It made you jump at first. You quickly hit the button on top of the clock and rubbed your eyes. Your vision was coming back to you. "Ughhh" You groaned.

Getting out of bed you went into the bathroom and grabbed the green toothbrush from the shelf above. You put toothpaste on it and started brushing.

After you were finished you went to the front door and opened it slightly. Feeling a hot wave of heat you felt your body sweat.

'W-why is it so HOT?!' You closed the door and sat on a chair in the kitchen. Looking from the window above the sink you saw no one outside, makes sense really..

'Maybe I'll stay home for today.. It's pretty warm out. But I did wanna talk to Cashier a bit more and ask a few questions.. But is it worth it? I mean he's probably hot as well.. Doesn't hurt to give a try though-?'

You got up from the chair and went into your garage getting your bike. Sitting on and riding towards the store your legs felt more tired than usual, maybe because you chose to instantly leave your home in hot weather..

You groaned as you were close to the store, finally making it you parked your bike near a strange vending machine and went inside to realize it was scorching.

You panted and looked at the counter to see Cashier struggling to open the grey door. 'Ehh.. I do wonder what's inside, better help him'

"H-hey Cashier ah.. Need any help?" You walked towards him as he took off his visor and put it on the register.

"Yeah, that'd be great" He said as he scooted over. You went over and started jerking on the door.

'Gosh, never knew it was this hard..'

"How is this door so hard to open?!" You exclaimed. "Because the other side of this door is a freezer" He said.

'So that's what was insi-'

The door opened making you both fall beside each other.

"Ugh that kind of hurt my stomach.."

Cashier stood up and gave you a hand. "Thanks" You stood. "Don't mention it"

You walked around gasping at other things in the freezer, it looked like a fever dream of some sort considering the crazy stuff inside.

Cashier was busy sitting on the carpet cooling off.

The freezer door shut before you both knew it.

"Agh, not this again. We'll have to wait until someone comes by and helps us out" He sighed.

"I'm sure we'll be fine, not like we will freeze!" You smiled skittishly trying to be omptomistic.

"Guess so" He said. Y/N walked around some more examining more of the things there, oddly enough there was a person in ice kind of just sitting there..

After looking around you decided to sit by Cashier. Making sure to keep distance of course..

"So, You've been through this before?" You asked. "Yes I have" He sounded annoyed.

'Maybe I shouldn't have asked that..'

"What was the reason?"
'Why are you STILL asking questions!? Your bothering him OBVIOUSLY'

"Well, you see. Player fed this "sewer monster" a bunch of sodas and it made a soda flood, really can't look away from him for a second without him causing trouble.." Cashier let out a small chuckle.

"He's still a good kid don't get me wrong.."

'Oh.. He told the story... He didn't, yell or anything. Maybe you did do it right'

"I see I see, and his dad is well, Dad?"

"Mhmm"

You felt relived.

'Didn't have to ask Dad or anything, he gave off weird vibes like the window. Wonder why exactly.. Don't dwell on it too much, you'll get sucked into something'

You felt something fall onto your lap. You sit still for a few seconds before looking down.

Cashier fell asleep on your lap. You blushed lightly.

'Guess the heat really did get to him earlier.. I do wonder what he has to go through everyday while he's at work'

You pet his back slightly.

'You're not his friend or anything close. Don't be all weird.. You'll scare him off. Just leave him be'

Y/N still let him on his lap but did keep her hands off of him. Even if she wanted to..

A half an hour passes by and the cold starts to get to you. You sneeze in your arm and mutter a few words.

"Hopefully someone gets here.."

Unexpectedly the door opened reavealing a grey looking character.

He floated with his legs behind his back. He went in closer and stopped floating.

"Hello" He said. "Hello.." You said.

"I'm Dummy, nice to meet you" He gave you a half smile. "Ah, I'm Y/N.."

"Hopefully this isn't awkward! Just saw you guys kind of stuck in there a while ago so I decided to come help"

He looked down to your waist and gazed at Cashier.

He closed his eyes for a little while and opened them again. "I see, would you like me to carry him for you?" He offered.

"Y-yeah, thank you" You stuttered.

Dummy took Cashier gently and carried him like a princess in distress.

'Watched us? I really don't get this neighborhood at all.. A-and how is he floating-?'

'Better just calm down.., he seems friendly'

Dummy laid Cashier on the counter leaving his left leg to dangle.

"So.. Y/N. I mean I already knew your name but, why did you come to this town?" He stood near one of the shelves. You stood near him.

"I wanted to err.. Get out of where I was. I wasn't too happy about the place"
You said.

"Oh oh, you know. I hope you have fun here.. You seem to take a liking to the Cashier correct?" His eyebrow raised.

"It's not like that but we are like stranger friends" You responded.

Dummy seemed unamused but nonetheless he seemed fine with it.

You tried to break the silence..

"Would you like an ice cream? It's pretty hot" You asked. "I'd like one yes, thank you" He responded.

You went over to the ice cream machine.

"Flavor?"

"Mint"

"Alright"

You got two icecreams, one for yourself and a mint for Dummy. Handing it to him his face lit up.

"Delish.."

"Glad" Y/N smiled.

--

YES DUMMY CAN FLY IF HE WANTS TO AHAHSJQL I FELT LIKE IT WORKED?? IDK LQ

I keep updating so much UhHHhN 💀 I WILL MAKE A FILLER SOON BECAUSE I WANT TO

YOUR INNER THOUGHT ARE RUINING THE ROMAnce GRRRRRRRRRR😡😡🤬

😏 more interactions with the other characters will come dw my persons 🥳🥳🥳

debating if I should give them hair thoughhh 🥴🥴💃