s e v e n t e e n

Robots immediately started going after the ship, flying straight into it. I killed some of them with flames of purple, but then shots were being fired from the sky, raining fire on the robots.

I averted my gaze upwards, as did Pietro and Steve, and what i saw brought a smile to my face. Rhodey could be seen soaring through the sky in his war machine suit, firing out of the canon on his back. He must've been tuned onto our channel because then his voice could be heard over comms.

"Yes! Now this is gonna be a good story." I smiled and shook my head, watching as he flew into a bot directly.

"Yep, if you live to tell it." Tony could be heard in my ear.

"You think i can't hold my own?"

"We get through this, I'll hold your own." I scoffed out a smile.

"You just had to make it weird." Rhodey shot back.

Steve raced ahead of us, speaking to the agents on the boat, informing them of how many people were actually here. I shook my head at his instincts, rushing off to call people over to the boats from their hiding spots. After everyone from my assigned space was loaded onto a boat, i ran over to Steve.

"This is too easy, shouldn't they be all over our asses?" I asked, out of breath and Steve sighed, nodding.

"Just make sure people are safe! They're the priority!" He shouted.

A wave of screams caught my attention as i turned to see a boat, falling sideways. I ran closer, and used all of my energy to hold the boat upright. At this point, my teeth were clenched and i was bend backwards to the point i was nearly on my knees. Although i wasn't physically holding up the boat, i could still partially feel the weight of it.

"Tony! A little help!" I yelled into the comms, pushing more energy out of my body and into my hands.

"On my way Doc!" i heard, tears now streaming down my face at the extreme pressure pushing my back to further bend, which could no longer do so without breaking bones. Tony swiftly got underneath the boat, using his thrusters to push it up and it immediately gained balance.

"Thanks." i spoke, panting, into comms.

"Thor i've got a plan!" Tony yelled.

"We're out of time! They're coming for the core!" Thor yelled back.

"Rhodey get the people onboard that carrier. Avengers, time to work for a living." I ran off towards the church, and immediately jumped into action, fighting all robots coming close to the metal in the centre.

As soon as i was closer to Thor, i could feel the crackle of lightning inside of me and panicked.

"Thor! How do i control the lightning?!"

"Focus on a certain point and it will co-operate!" He yelled back, groaning when a bot flew straight into him, before hitting him with Mjölnir.

"Could you be any more vague?" i scoffed, attempting to follow his incredibly unhelpful instructions. I focused on a robot, pointing a hand at it to stabilise the power flowing out of me and allowed my instincts to take over.

The satisfying fizz of the robot melting beneath the heat of the lightning bolts could be heard from where i was standing.

My concentration increased with every robot i killed, some with lightning and some with energy. I could feel myself draining slowly, so i decided to stick with Pietro, running.

The force of the collision of our bodies with the ones made of metal dissembled and destroyed them. Pietro took my hand, and we went even faster, racing around the small church, pulling metal men away from the team and using the force of our punches with the speed to our advantages. We took more work away from the rest of our team.