Chapter 22 - Lifeline.

Prodigy woke up and he seen Princeton, Roc, Ray Ray, Madison, and his family sitting in chairs inside of his hospital room. Prodigy's parents were sitting in their chairs, crying because they already knew what was going on with his health. But the other four, sat around his bed as they waited for him to wake up. He looked around, then looked ahead where the boys were.

"Where am....where am I?" Prodigy asked in a raspy tone.

"You're at the hospital." Princeton nodded in a low tone. "You collapsed on stage."

"I did? That's crazy." Prodigy responded in a shocked tone. "I don't remember it happening. All I remember is me performing  'Hello'!"

"Mom, is Craig gonna die?" Jojo asked in a shaky tone as he looked at both of their parents.

"No, sweetheart." Wanda nodded. "We just....we just have to find a donor."

"But what if we don't find one?"

"Then......"

His mother didn't say anything else. Prodigy had 6 more days to find a donor, or else they'd be preparing his funeral. Prodigy looked at his mother and started shaking as he began to hold back his tears. "When is this nightmare going to end?" He wondered in his head. Every day he woke up, he always thought that this would be a long nightmare. However, reality kicked in more and more the more he had to face this horrendous disease.

"I can't take it!" Wanda wailed out loud as she jumped up, and walked out of the room. Jojo and Proidgy's father followed her into the waiting room to comfort her. Prodigy glanced at the boys and Madison and seen that they were also holding back tears.

"Can't I just donate my kidney and artery to you, anyway?" Princeton pleaded.

"Unfortunately, no. My body won't function with a blood type that isn't the same as mine." Prodigy said in a depressed tone. "I wouldn't let y'all do it, anyway. It's too risky and i'm not gonna let any of you give up one of your legs just for me to live. I'd rather die."

"Can I talk to Prodigy alone, guys?" Madison asked as she looked at the boys in a concerned way. "I promise it'll be 2 seconds."

"Alright." All three of them nodded.

Madison watched them leave the room, then glanced at Prodigy as he gave her a lost look. A look that had given up all hope.

"Prodigy, I have good news for you." Madison nodded.

"Unless it can make this cancer go away, then the news won't be that great." Prodigy said, shutting her down.

"Actually yes! I'm a blood type O!" She smiled.

The look on Prodigy's face instantly shined as he heard the soothing news. He stared happily at her for a moment, then he fixed his lips to ask the news that he'd been waiting on forever.

"Are you going......are you going to donate?" He cheesed as he started breathing heavily.

"Well.....if it'll save a life." Madison said in a nervous tone.

"You do know that you have to give up your will to walk, right?"

"Yeah.." She mumbled. Prodigy's face immediately went back to a frown as he looked at her.

"Madison, you don't have to do it if you don't want to." Prodigy said lowly as he slumped back into his pillow. "From the look on your face, it seem's like you don't want to do it."

"I do! But i'm scared.." Madison responded. "I've never had surgery, i'm giving up a kidney, and i'm also giving up my will to walk. I'm not even sure if my mother will allow me to do it, but I will if she says yes!"