Season 2, Epiosde 1 ~ Back 2 School - Morning At The Matthews

Cory tires to avoid the difficulties of his transition into high school.

~~~~~~~

Walking into the Matthews household, a smile was placed upon my face as I watched Amy pour some orange juice into a cup and Alan pour some coffee into a mug.

"Morning guys," I said happily as they turned to face me.

"Morning Millie," Alan said as he took a sip of his drink.

"Morning Millie! You look gorgeous," Amy said making my smile winded.

"Thank you, my mum pick it out for me," I admitted.

"Well, the outfit looks great. No wonder she does what she does for a living," Mrs. Matthews said making me nod.

"Cory! Let's go! Millie's hear!" Alan said as he called down his son. "You wanna be late for you first day of high school?" Alan rhetorically asked.

"Alan, don't tell him that. He's probably a nervous wreck," Amy said as she handed Morgan the glass of organ juice.

"You look very pretty today Millie," the young girl said making me smile as she took her seat at the table.

"Says you, I mean, look at that hat. It's fabulous," I said making Morgan smile brightly.

"Hey, mom, dad, how you doin'?" Cory said happily as he made his way down the stairs all cheerfully and nothing like a nervous wreck. "Millie!" The boy yelled as he saw me and engulfed me in a warm hug.

"Cory!" I yelled back as I did the same. "I missed one of my only friends." Letting go of each other, Cory looked me up and down funnily before going back to my face.

"You look different..." he said as he trailed off at the end.

"Might be the pierced ears," I said with a shrug making Cory do the same.

"Probably," he admitted.

"Hey, Morgan, lookin' short," Cory said as he tuned around to look to his sister.

"Go back to camp, loser," Morgan said making me chuckle.

"God, I love that girl," I said making Cory sarcastically laugh.

"Cor, you're not..." Amy started before trailing off at the end.

"A nervous wreck? No, because I know my place. I understand where I am in the high school universe. See, I'm starting off a nothing, a zero," Cory said before Morgan interjected.

"A big booger," she said making me nod.

"A massive one," I agreed.

"You know how you tell me, the earlier I do my homework, the better I'll know the stuff," Cory said to his dad making me surprised.

"Wait, Cor, you've done your homework?" I questioned making him turn around to me as I leaned against the kitchen counter by Amy.

"It's a metaphor," he said as he pointed to me. "But all summer long, I bugged Eric about what high schools gonna be like, and I took notes," Cory added on as he pulled out sheets of paper from his pocket with writing on them as proof.