Season 2, Epsiode 3 ~ Notorious - We're Legends Until We're Not

"I wonder
what I look
like in your
eyes,"

~~~~~~~

The next day at school, I watched tons of kids reading the schools newspaper and laughing making me confused.

"Is Feeny secretly funny?" I mentally asked as I walked down the corridors. Finally giving in and wanting to know what was so funny, I grabbed a newspaper and saw all the spelling mistakes that was caused by one person and one person only. Shawn Hunter.

"Dear God, Shawn," I muttered with a chuckle as I went off to find the boy. Upon doing so, I bumped into Cory and sure enough found Shawn walking over to him.

"Shawn, are you farther gone than I ever would've imagined?" Cory questioned as I laughed.

"Shawn, you're brilliant!" I said, praising the boy as Cory and I acted like a devil and an angle on each shoulder.

"Thank you, babe. And no, no, I'm not gone. I've arrived. I am known. I rule this school. My fame here will live forever," the boy said making me chuckle.

"Yeah, Hunter. That would be true, except nobody knows you did this," I said, making sure he knew that.

"What? You think that bothers me? I know I did it, and that's good enough for me," Shawn answered before two girls walked past, practically drooling over who wrote Weeny.

"I wonder who did this. If it was my boyfriend, I would do anything for him," the girl said making Shawn stand with his mouth wide open.

"Oh, it's killing me," he said making me chuckle and shake my head before closing his mouth.

~~~~~~~

Soon after praising Shawn for his excellent work, he went to our class which was English with Mr. Turner.

"Okay, the Scarlet Letter. Hester Prynne has a red latter 'A' on her dress. Everyone knows that the 'A' stands for, right?" Turner asked the class making Cory answer.

"Boring?" The boy said making the class laugh.

"Hey, everybody, don't laugh at Matthews, okay? He's never seen an 'A' before," Turner said making the class laugh harder along with Cory. "The buzz is all over the Massachusetts colony that Hester has taken the pure out of Puritan. It's scandal. It's gossip. It could've come right out of today's headlines," Turner added on, lifting the schools newspaper at the end which held the spelling error making the class laugh again.

Turing to look at Shawn and Cory, I watched them fist bump as Mr. Feeny walked in.

"Ahem!" Feeny said making Turner close the newspaper.

"Mr. Feeny, good morning," the teacher said as the class quietened down.

"Actually, Mr. Turner, I've had better. You see, I have been forced on this particular morning to go from room to room, asking anyone with information about this little journalistic prank to come forward," Feeny said, taking the paper and holding it out to the class. "Hmm? I will go a lot easier on the perpetrator if he or she or they voluntarily confess," he added on as I watched Shawn look around the room. "No? Very well. I will now return you to your lecture on...on the letter 'A,'" Feeny said, taking a look at the 'A' on the chalk board. "Keep up the good work," he added on before leaving.

~~~~~~~

"Okay. A rumour was going around school that the 'Weeny' headline was just a typo. That nobody did it, like I don't exist," Shawn said as we walked over to the benches in the school quad type area. It was now the next day and the 'Weeny' talk was still popular. "Check it out. Now I exist. I am somebody!" He added on as he grabbed my hand and Cory's wrist and dragged us with him to Mr. Feeny's office door. Upon doing so, we saw the 'F' in Feeny on the door had been changed to a 'W' making the door stickers say,

"Principal's
Office.

Mr. George Weeny."

"You genius!" I said making Shawn bow while Cory gasped.

"A thing of beauty, eh?" Shawn said proudly while Cory just gasped again. "I snuck in early this morning and changed it. Looks like the real thing, doesn't it?" Shawn questioned making me nod.

"Except for this drip," I said as I touched it before Cory pulled Shawn and me in.

"Shawn, you're out of control," Cory said making Shawn nod.

"Yeah, I am. Tell your friends," he said while patting the boys shoulder before walking off.

"There's your lady, Mr. Feeny," the janitor said while pointing to me.

"Mr. Feeny, I didn't paint this 'W,'" I said to my head teacher with a chuckle.

"And the headline in the school newspaper?" Feeny questioned making me confused.

"It wasn't me," I said, trying to defend myself.

"Miss. Reid, our own esteemed janitor Bud placed you at the scene of the crime," Feeny said making me roll my eyes.

"I seen her with my good eye," Bud said, making me remember that I saw him enter the office as I sat in front of the computer.

"Oh god."

"That'll be all, janitor Bud," Feeny said, shooing the man away.

"Scene of the crime?" Cory questioned as he stood next to me.

"Janitor Bud said he saw you, Millie and two other boys toying with the computer after school. Unfortunately, he didn't get a good look at your accomplices," Feeny said making me sigh.

"Mr. Feeny, I'm innocent. Are you really going to believe a crazy janitor with one working eyes over me?!" I questioned using hand gestures. "My hands are clean." I said as I lifted them and seeing the black smudge from the lettering on the door making Cory gasp once again. " I didn't do it," I said lowering my hands.

"All right, then give me the name of the person who did," Feeny said making me open my mouth and then close it before looking to the ground.

"I see. Miss. Reid, you have until the end of school tomorrow to give me the perpetrators name. Otherwise, you will be suspended," Feeny said before leaving to go to his office.

"Great. Just great," I said while walking away, Cory following not far behind.