Season 2, Episode 3 ~ Notorious - Consequences 

"She's got such a good heart.
She really does.
And he sees that. And takes it for
granted sometimes."

~~~~~~~

Walking into Feeny's office, I took a seat as he looked up from his papers and placed them down on his desk.

"Listen...about the headlines and all...well, I'm sorry for what happened. It must have hurt being called...you know," I said with a small smile.

"Oh, as if I'd never heard it before. It was practically my nickname growing up. Uh, that's not to leave this room," Feeny said making me chuckle and nod.

"I guess it's more of a big deal than I thought," I said sadly.

"As principal of this high school, I'm expected to keep order. Unchecked, these pranks undermine my authority and breed disrespect," he said making me nod.

"So I guess I get punished for something I didn't do," I said to Feeny.

"Name the person who did, and you walk out of here scot-free."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Feeny. I can't do that," I said making Feeny look to me.

"You've thought about this, and that's your final decision?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"You decided that protecting a friendship is more important then the grisly punishment I shall now dispense?"

"Mr. Feeny, he didn't meant to hurt anyone. He just wanted to do something that would make him somebody special," I said as I sat back in the chair.

"Ah...to be somebody special is a quality from within, Miss. Reid. To give you an example, I think it's a very rare quality for you to put a friends welfare before your own," he said making me confused.

"But just a second ago, you wanted me to rat on him," I asked.

"As the new principal, yes, but as your teacher in this school and your friends sixth-grade teacher, as someone who's lived across from you these past few months and watched you get ready for high school and grow up in the few months, I never expected it for a moment. That, Miss. Reid, is a lot to say considering I only met you at the start of the summer," Mr. Feeny said making me smile as he went back to writing on his paper.

~~~~~~~

"So, how long am I suspended for?" I asked Mr. Feeny as we left his office.

"You're not," he said making me confused. "Detention for five days. One day for each letter in Weeny, which in this instance, should probably be spelled W-E-E-N-I-E," Feeny said while closing the door to reveal Shawn standing behind it listening in. "Shouldn't it, Mr. Hunter?" He added on.

"You told him?" Shawn asked again up close to my face.

"What do you think?" I said again like earlier.

"I think you wouldn't...I'm an idiot," he said once realising Feeny was behind him and now fully knew with evidence it was Shawn.

"She refused to rat you out, Mr. Hunter, and she now faces a week of detention in your honour, but the punishment for not being caught, Mr. Hunter, is far, far worse," Feeny said making me raise my eyebrows.

"I did it, Mr. Feeny! I confess," Shawn said with a  smile making me shake my head.

"I will be watching you every moment of your high school career, which in your case could be decades," Feeny said making me chuckle.

"But I just confessed."

"Too late, Mr. Hunter! You are my new special friend," Feeny said before walking away.

"Why didn't you turn me?" Shawn asked as he faced me.

"Are you kidding me?!" I yelled.

~~~~~~~

Half on hour or so had past of me and Shawn arguing in school before the janitor came over and kicked us out. Now, we were on our way home in silence.

"Thanks for not turning me, I didn't mean what I said in school," Shawn said making me lightly smile to him.

"It's okay," I said, nudging him slightly making him smile to me.

"And sorry for always thinking you had turned me in. I don't know why I'd ever think that," he said making me smile wider. "You're a good friend, Millie. Thank you," Shawn said before leaning in a planting a kiss on my cheek. A blush lightly grew on my face as I looked to the ground with a massive smile.

"It's okay, Hunter. You're alright I guess," I joked making Shawn laugh and my heart swell.