Season 2, Episode 4 ~ Me and Mr. Joad - Chubbies

,,Shit, I miss this idiot"

~~~~~~~

"Shawn, you don't have to come with me to the office, you could just wait by the school doors," I said with a chuckle as Shawn walked by my side. The school day had now ended and we were currently walking to Coach. Collins's office to collect my cheer uniform. The day of the tryouts, she took everyone's measurements so if you made the team, you'd have your uniform straight away. It surprised me when she did that because I never heard of people doing it in the U.K.

"No, it's okay. I'll come. You don't have to twist my arm," Shawn said making me laugh as we walked over to Coach. Collins's office. Knocking on the door, she looked up from her papers with a smile.

"Ah, Millie. Great to see you. Here's your uniform," she said hanging me the clear bag of clothes. "I'd suggest wearing it for a day or two to get use to it and make it's all comfortable before trying to train and doing jumps in it," she said making me nod.

"Thanks Coach," I said happily while turning to the door to walk back out before she called me.

"Millie, did you do cheerleading back in the U.K?" She asked making me shake my head.

"No, but I did do gymnastics. I wanted to try out for the cheer team to experience new things and to make my university applications look better," I said with a laugh making Coach smile and nod.

"Well, you're very good. I think that by next year, you have a higher chance of making Varsity," she said making me smile brightly and nod.

"Great! Ahah, see you later Collins," I said as I walked out to see Shawn leaning against the wall.

"Ah, there it is. The holy grail," he joked making me laugh and roll my eyes.

"Whatever loser. I'm gonna go put this on then we can go to Chubbies," I said as I started walking to the girls changing rooms.

"You're putting it on?!" He said with a smile making me laugh.

"Yeah, coach said too," I called back before walking in and getting changed. The John Adams High cheerleading uniform was a nice darkish blue. It was a cute pleated skirt with some yellow and red just under the cuts. The top was a jumper for the cold months and then a top with two separate thin straps for the warm moths. Because it was Autumn, I opted to wear the jumper top for today, not wanting to get sick or anything.

Once I was fully, dressed, I placed my clothes in my bag before leaving. Walking out of the changing room, I saw Shawn sitting on the bench opposite the door. Looking up, a smile came on to his face as a blush came to mine.

"Looking hot, babe," he said, using the nickname he gave all the girls.

"Ha ha, very funny. Come on, let's go to Chubbies, I'm starving," I said as he stood up and walked by my side.

~~~~~~~

Getting to Chubbies, I found a table while Shawn got us our food. As I was sitting down minding my own business, Jason walked over and sat in the booth in front of me, looking up, my happy expression dropped and was placed by a 'Fuck off I hate you' look.

"So, you're in the cheer squad," Jason said with a smirk making me roll my eyes.

"How'd you'd figure that one out Sherlock? Just go away Jason. I don't wanna talk to you," I said making him chuckle.

"What's the matter? You were fine with me a few weeks ago," he said making me scoff.

"Yeah, that was before you asked me out and then made out with a girl that same day," I said bluntly, not wanting to deal with Jason's fuck boy attitude. Just as I was about to tell him to leave again, food was placed on our table and an angry looking Shawn appeared.

"What the hell are you doing here, Jason," Shawn said through gritted teeth as Jason just looked up to him with a smirk.

"I'm just talking with my good friend Millie, Hunter," Jason replied making me roll my eyes.

"Well, I don't think she wants to talk to you anymore so why don't you just leave," Shawn said making me look to him as he became angrier.

"No, I don't think I will," Jason replied smugly making Shawn launch for him and grab his shirt, violently pulling him up. The whole room fell silent as Chubbie walked over. Putting a hand on Shawn's shoulder, Chubbie glared at Jason.

"You heard the boy, get!" He yelled making Jason gulp and run off. Sitting down in his seat, I looked to Shawn with a small smile. Placing a hand on top of his on the table, Chubbie started speaking making both of our attention go to him. "Sorry about that boy ruining your date. I'll make sure he doesn't come back," Chubbie said while walking off before either Shawn or I could explain this wasn't a date.

Taking my milkshake, I took a sip of it while Shawn looked to me.

"Hope you enjoy this, date, Millie," he said jokingly making me laugh.

"Hope you enjoy it to, Hunter," I said as he took my milkshake and placed his straw in it. "Hey! That's mine," I said making Shawn shrug.

"Well now I want some," he said with an innocent smile.

The rest of the night was fun. It was filled with laughing and jokes and stolen glances. As the night came to end though, my heart grew heavy as I knew it had to stop and that this wasn't a date, but just too friends hanging out.

~~~~~~~

"This was fun," Shawn said as he walked me to my door. "We should do it again," he added on making me nod.

"Yeah, maybe next time as a proper date."

"Yeah, totally. I really enjoyed," I said as I put my key into the door. "Well, I'll see you at school tomorrow, bye Hunter," I said before Shawn stopped me. He grabbed my hand and turned me around so I was facing him. Pulling me in, he gave me a tight hug as I rested my face into the crook of his neck. The hug was warm and felt meaningful. Pulling away, I wanted nothing more than to stay in the boys warm embrace. "What was that for?" I said with a chuckle making Shawn look to the ground as I watched his cheeks slightly redden.

"For being such great company. See you later, Mills," the boy said before planting a kiss on my cheek and walking away. Standing on my door step with a massive smile, butterflies swarmed my stomach as I realised Shawn Hunger gave me a kiss on the cheek for the second time.

"It's gonna hurt so much when you find somebody that isn't me one day," I whispered out to the air as I watched Shawn leave my street.