Season 2, Episode 1 ~ Back 2 School - Let's Forget About The Morning

"You are
everything my
heart dreams of."

~~~~~~~

"Okay, I'm here for homeroom, I'm here for English and I'm here anytime you just wanna talk," Mr. Turner said once we were all settled. Just like last year, Shawn sat at the back with me by his side while Cory sat in front of him and Topanga sat in front of Cory.

"Cool," Cory said to his teacher making him look to the boy.

"Did I say you could talk?" Turner said making me chuckle to myself.

"We're only in homeroom and Cory's already become friends with a teacher and that teacher is having a go at him. Brilliant," I said mentally.

"I thought so..." Cory said trailing off making Mr. Turner walk over to him.

"You trouble, Matthews? You're the guy who's gonna bring down the new teacher?" Turner said stopping just by Cory's desk.

"No, sir. That would be Shawn and Millie," Cory said, dropping my name into the mix for some reason. "I-I mean..." Cory started once realising what he said but it was too late.

"Good man, good man. Shawn and Millie. Don't tell me, don't tell me. Now, if Shawn and Mille are real trouble, Shawn and Millie are going to try and avoid making eye contact. With- hey guys," the teacher said as he looked over to us and stood between my friend and I.

"How you doin'?" Shawn asked with a smile as the teacher crouched between us.

"How's it going?" I said too as the teacher looked to both of us.

"I'm good. So Shawn. Millie. Guys. You know anything about The Odyssey?" Turner asked us as he showed us the book in his hand.

"Yes, I do," Shawn said confidently.

"Yeah, besides that it's book?" Turner asked making me nod.

"No, I don't," Shawn said as he shook his head.

"Millie, you nodded. Tell me what you know," Tuner said making me smile.

"I know it's an ancient Greek poem attributed to Homer. I know the poem is divided into 24 books and that it follows the Greek hero Odysseus, king of Ithaca, and his journey home after the Trojan War," I said confidently making Jonathan smile.

"Ahh, I see we have a misbehaving, smart person on our hands. The worst types of troublemakers 'cause they keep up with the lesson while disturbing it, there's no downfall for them," he said making me smile sarcastically in return.

"Okay. Who knows what odyssey means?" Turner asked as he stood back up and walked to the class. Stopping in front of Topanga, he asked her name before letting her answer. "Topanga," he said, making her start speaking.

"It means a difficult journey."

"Yes, it does. An epic journey about a guy trying to get home alive in fantasy worlds with characters who have this ancient notions about loyalty and heroism," Turner added on.

"Yeah. Who wants to read that?" Cory said making me speak up.

"Me," I simply put making Shawn turn to me.

"Geek alert," he said making me fake laugh at him.

"Idiot alert," I said back.

"Ay, Cory. Apparently you wanna read it," Mr. Turner said as he walked over. "What is that, X-Men?"

"No, it's..." Cory started before Mr. Turner stopped him by taking the comic.

"What, I don't know X-Men when I see it? It's a great issue, Matthews," Turner said walking back to his spot leaning on his desk.

"You read X-Men?" Cory questioned him surprised.

"Do I read X-Men? Fantasy worlds, epic heroism. Yeah, I read X-Men. In fact, let's all read X-Men. Your assignment is the read The Odyssey and this issue of X-Men," Mr. Turner said making me smile.

"Finally!" Cory exclaimed. "A cool teacher."

"My friend, Mr. Matthews will lead the discussion on the similarities and the differences," Turner said making Cory tilt his head back slightly so he could talk to us.

"Feeny with an earring," he said making Shawn nod in agreement.

~~~~~~~

"Guys, he's on to us," Cory said to Shawn and I as we left the classroom. "He singled us out on the first day."

"No, Cor. He singled you out on the first day. You singled Shawn and I out," I said, stopping as I turned to face Cory while Shawn did the same.

"Sorry," Cory said while looking to his timetable. "Where's the next stop on his misery bus?"

"Umm, Earth Science," Shawn said making me look to my timetable to see the same.

"Yep, let's go," I said as the bell went making Cory stop.

"Wait. I don't have Earth Science. I got History," Cory said as his face dropped.

"You mean..." Shawn said as he trailed off.

"We're going to be separated?" I yelled as kids started walking in our way, pushing Shawn and I back until we could no longer see our friend. "Cory!" I yelled but I heard no reply as I turned to Shawn.

"Oh well, let's go," he said brushing it off as we took a turn down the corridor. "I gotta say Millie, summer was good to you too. Not just Topanga. I mean, I went to camp and came back to a babe like you," Shawn said making me roll my eyes.

"Ahh, so you're gonna be one of those boys," I said as we walked up a flight of stairs.

"What boys?" Shawn questioned as we reached the top and took another turn.

"The boys that flirt with all the girls and make out with 'em," I said making the boy smirk.

"Ooo, well, I am looking forward to that. You wanna volunteer as my first make out babe?" He said as we got to our class. Stopping outside the door, I looked to Shawn as a smirk played on my lips. I pushed him lightly against the wall as confidence surged through me. Placing my hands on the nip of his neck, I leaned in. My heart was racing once again as Shawn's eyes darted from my eyes to my lips over and over again. His hands moved back to my waist as I felt the tips of his fingers dig into me slightly out of anticipation. Our lips were millimetres apart before I moved to his ear.

"In your wildest dreams," I whispered to him, my lips brushing over his skin as I did so. Pulling away, I looked into Shawn eyes before smiling innocently and walking inside the class.

"Millie!" I heard Shawn yell making me giggle as I took my seat.