Season 2, Episode 2 ~ Pairing Off - I'm Fine Alone...ish

"You're it, you're my
person."

~~~~~~~

The next came fast and my friends and I were currently sat in class, English with Mr. Turner to be precise.

"We find in Fielding's novel the character Tom Jones is absolutely irresistible to women," Mr. Turner said as he watched Cory stare at the new girl, Wendy. Leaning down so he was eye level with Cory, the teacher looked to him. "Isn't that right, Matthews?"

"Uh, yeah, that's right," Cory said making me chuckle as he had no idea what Mr. Turner was on about.

"What's right?" Turner asked the boy.

"What you just said."

"What'd I just say?"

"You weren't listening, either?" Cory said to his teacher making Turner stand back up straight.

"Matthews, keep your head facing this way. Shawn, tell you buddy what I was saying," Turner said as he walked back to his desk.

"Uh, he was saying, 'Matthews, you're not listening,'" Shawn replied making me giggle.

"Thank you," Turner said disappointingly. "Did either one of you do the reading assignment?"

"Some of it," Cory admitted.

"What did you read?" I asked, intrigued myself as Cory and Shawn were the type of guys to not even do a little of it.

"I read the page you handed us with the reading assignment on it," Cory replied to Turner and I making me shaking my head as the bell went.

"Yay! Yay! Yay!" Turner yelled as he quickly walked out of the class and I don't blame him. Standing up and leaving, I walked with Shawn out of the room but stopping once realising Cory was talking to a girl.

"Why?" Wendy asked after Cory told her he was interested in her hair. Moving to the other side of the door, both Shawn and I were at either side.

"What a weirdo," I said making Shawn chuckle.

"Because it's...it's interesting hair. I mean, it's very exquisite hair. It's the most exquisite hair my eyes have ever beheld," Cory said making me face palm.

"This boy, man," Shawn muttered wanting Cory to stop talking about hair so much.

"Well, actually, I did comb it differently this morning," she said making me sigh in relief that Cory didn't scare her away.

"So, um...with all that said, would you be interested in going out with me," Cory asked her making me smile brightly. Looking to Shawn, he excitedly put two thumbs up to me making me do the same.

"All right. I guess so. When?" She asked making my smile brighten.

"Uh, tomorrow, after school," Cory said making the girl nod.

"Okay...see you then," she said before leaving making Shawn and I pretend like we were listening in.

"Has a brand-new couple taken shape before my very eyes?" Shawn asked as Cory came out of the room.

"Has the Cory Matthews finally got a date?" I added on as Cory smile.

"What can I say? I've got the boom!"

~~~~~~~

Long story short, Cory chickened out like a pussy and didn't go on the date with Wendy. Shawn gave him a dig for being an idiot. And I just called him an idiot.