CHAPTER #23

a/n: The Italic part of this chapter is the flashback. So please don't be confused. 

Khiegilsan

'ROBERT Gillian'

He was one of my former friends who had kidnapped, abused and almost murdered me six years ago.

My mouth parted as I saw him standing in front of me, memories that were hazy, as if from a distant past, suddenly began to emerge.

FOR THE very first time I never knew that this day will come. Natsu had asked me to go out for lunch for the very first time. I was practically waiting for him at one of the nearest café that are near our school as per his request. I took a glance at my wrist watch, I think he is almost done with his practice.

My heart started to beat faster when I saw him outside the café. He was wearing his uniform and from the looks of it, he took a shower. When he entered the café – our eyes automatically locked and I could feel my throbbing heart reaching up to my throat. Gosh! Calm down, Lucy!

The moment he sat down – he took a glance at me before he picked up the menu "How long have you been waiting?" he said without looking at my face.

"Five minutes, I guess" I mumble enough for him to hear.

"Oh" that's the only thing I heard for him before he called a waiter and ordered something. I wasn't paying attention on what he was saying to the waiter, "Heartfilia?"

My heart skipped as I bit my lower lips, why can't he say my name? "Yes?"

"I ordered you a cheesecake" cheese cake? I open my mouth to say something but he continues as if he didn't notice that I was going to say something "Lisanna loves cheesecake."

But I am not Lisanna! I wanted to shout that to him. But instead, I just force myself to smile like I always do.

"You okay?" I heard him ask me.

I look at him carefully as I smile at him – hoping that he wouldn't notice my pain "I'm fine," I mumble "Why do you want to see me?"

He stared at me first and then raised his left hand and reached for my face - or rather my forehead. He ran his finger across my forehead for a moment before he sat up properly.

"Did you paint before you came here?" Although confused by his question, I was able to nod in response "You still have paint on your forehead"

My mouth dropped open at what he said, and I felt the redness on my cheeks as I looked at him. I immediately picked up my cellphone and checked to see if there was any paint on my forehead. There is still a little streak there but it is hardly to notice unless you're going to stare at my face carefully. I heard him chuckle which makes my face even redder than before. I cleared my throat and tried my best to ignore his playful gaze.

"Again, why do you want to see me?" I say without making eye contact.

"Well, I'm about to leave this country today"

"What?" those words barely escape my lips as I look at him, confused. "What did you just say?"

"I'm going to leave this country, Heartfilia" he mumbled. I heard him loud and clear but it feels like my mind can't comprehend what he just said "Well, I just want to end this day with you, I guess. That's why I asked you to see me. Are you busy?"

"Why me? Why not Lisanna?" I mumble – he will surely want to be with her.

"You came first in my mind this morning" he said with a smile. I bit my lower lip. Trying to stop the smile that is trying to suppress my lips. I never thought that, the man in front of me now would think of me too. This is the first time. And honestly, I want to squeal.