CHAPTER #19

a/n: So some of you already read this because I mistakenly upload this as the chapter #18. Anyway, enjoy reading. I'll probably update next Friday or maybe next month not sure. 

LUCY's POV

I WOKE up from a dream when I felt my body sweating. I was burning up. My body hurt from intense working and I couldn't breathe properly. When I opened my eyes, it was still dark, I checked on my side where I could see the side clock on the side table – it was already 3 in the morning. I wanted to stand up but my body felt so heavy.

I closed my eyes again when the door opened. I was making weird breathing sounds. My body felt hot but the temperature was making me shiver. I hissed when I felt a damp towel on my forehead. I opened my eyes and saw Natsu sitting beside the bed, slowly damping the cloth on my face.

"Sorry to wake you up, babe" he whispered.

I was wondering if he heard what I've said before I fell asleep. I wonder if he heard me saying those three words. I wasn't sure if I just said it in my mind or I did say it out loud. I opened my mouth to speak but my own words failed me especially when I saw how worn-out he is.

"Did you sleep?" I say hoarsely. It was hard for me to talk.

"I've been awake for thirty eight hours now" he told me like it wasn't a big deal.

He held my hand and slowly wiped it with the cloth too. His hand was so soft on mine. It was the first time in years that I felt his hand holding me like this. He went to the other side to wipe my left arm. He was trying to lower my body temperature.

"How are you feeling?" His voice is smooth.

I tried to fight the sleepiness that was trying to embrace me "I feel bad" I mumble.

"Go get changed," he said, pulling the comforter down.

I opened my eyes and tried to sit down, learning against the headboard. He placed a sweater on the bed and a pair of pajama pants before leaving the room to give me privacy. It took me lots of effort to finally reach the sweater and pajama – it was actually hard to move but I forced myself to remove my top, although my muscles hurt like hell.

"Are you done?" Natsu asked outside the door.

"Not yet," I said hoping that he would hear it.

I finally changed my shirt into a sweater but the leggings started to get uncomfortable so I took them off while still on the bed. I couldn't even stand up because it feels like I'll fall down if I did. I was left in my lace panties when I tried to reach again for the pajama. And that's what I noticed that it was his clothes.

"I need help!" I tried to say it out loud.

Damn! I really hate this feeling. It's the worst! I lay down again because it feels like my surroundings are spinning. Closing my eyes as if it will help me to feel better. I heard the door swing open and the next thing I heard is his curse.

"Fuck!" he muttered and the door closed again. When I opened my eyes, he was already gone "I'm sorry. I thought you were done—"

"I need help" I beg helplessly "I can't move that much" I tried to yell.

I heard the door slowly open and the next thing I knew was – he was standing beside the bed – he was trying to look at my legs when he reached for the pajama. It was so embarrassing for me to stay in my panties but I had no choice.

Damn! Dear Lucy Heartfilia. It's okay. Don't think about it! He has probably seen like that before.

He silently sat beside me and started wiping the towel on my legs. I hissed with a sudden contract. He was looking so serious while doing it. After that, he lifted my legs and slowly pulled the pajama up.

"Lift it up," he said "I mean... your ass"

Wow, it sounded so awkward for me but he said it so casually. I lifted my lower body up so he could finish up and then brought it down again. I hugged the pillow while my eyes were still closed.

"Drink your medicine" I felt Natsu pulling on my wrist to lift my body up "Drink it or I'll kiss you"

I opened my one eyes and pouted "Kiss me? You can't force me to drink it if you used that trick, Natsu"

I saw the corner of his lips rise up "Do you want me to kiss you?"

I scowl "Stop sexually harassing me. I'm too weak" I whine.

He chuckle before removing some strands on my face as he look at me tenderly "Then drink the medicine so you'll have some energy"

"Are you tired of taking care of me" I mumble.

"I'm not babe," he said softly "I like take care of you"

I couldn't say anything to him and I just stared at his face "Why are you so nice to me? Is it because I'm sick?" I said curiously.

"Is this the first time I acted like this to you?" he asked with a frowned and without even thinking – I nodded as an answer. I saw some emotions flashes on his eyes that it was hard for me to understand before he shook his head "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For being mean, I guess" he said with a shrugged.

"Are you on drugs?" I asked absentminded.

"What?" he asked me disbelief

"Well, you are not acting yourself right now – maybe you were on a drug."

"I'm not" he sighs "C'mon, drink your medicine"

I didn't answer him and just buried my face even more on the pillow. I felt him gently patting my head as if he was trying to get my attention – so I took a glance at him over the pillow and I saw him looking at me amused.

"What?"

"You look cute"

"I'm beautiful"

"I know." He said "But you have to drink your medicine or else—"

"Or else you're going to kiss me?" I pouted "I told you I'm not scared on that"

He let out a sigh, "Then I'll get someone to inject the medicine on you" he said which makes my eyes grow wider "Your choice. Drink it or I'll ask someone to inject it inside your body"

"I will drink it! I will" I hate needles so I forced myself up. I parted my lips and put the medicine inside my mouth. He held a glass of water and helped me drink some to help me swallow the tablet. When I'm done – I glare at him openly and pout.

"If you don't listen to me, you'll get admitted to the hospital" he warned me.

I remember the time when I was in the hospital because I'm too stubborn to drink my medicine. So my sister brought me to the hospital and Gosh! The dextrose! I really hate it! They felt weird. Something was flowing through my veins and I'm telling you!

It was freaking weird!

"Please. I don't want to be confined again," I weakly said "I hate needles..."

"You won't need needles if you just eat properly, rest properly and drink water. Stop being stubborn and listen to me. You need to take care of yourself" his voice sounded a little mad.

"You said you like taking care of me." I mumble. He stopped getting the small tray of medicine on the side table to look at me "You liar!"

He looked a bit surprised to hear what I just said. He looked down and put the tray back to sit beside me on the bed. He pursed his lips and stared at me like he was trying to read my mind.

"Babe" He touched my forehead with the back of his hand "I like it babe. But you have to stop being stubborn and listen to me" he said it so gently that I felt a little guilty.

He guided me to lay down and without thinking "Are you going to treat me harshly after I feel better?" I asked absentmindedly.

He shook his head as his answer before he fixed the comforter and pulled it up until it covered my chest "Take a rest—"

I couldn't hear what he said because I found myself being embraced by darkness but I felt his lips gently kiss my temple as he gently caressed my cheeks.

___________________________ End of Chapter #19