CHAPTER #18

A/N: I delete the first chapter #18 of this book because I uploaded the wrong chapter. What you had read is originally the chapter #19 of this story. Anyway, this is the continuation of chapter #17 and I hope that you enjoy this chapter.

Khiegilsan 

NATSU's POV

I DON'T know why I couldn't sleep at these moments. Probably because of this lady currently lying on the sofa and sleeping soundly. I removed the few strands that covered her face as I stared at her like I was memorizing each part of her face. I sound like a pervert but who cares. I couldn't even do this when she's awake because she kept on ignoring me.

I remember what she had said a few minutes ago, you would not expect her to feel such pain. The pain of loving someone who can't love her back. The pain that no one around her knows. I don't know how she was able to smile and hide that pain.

My phone rang and I answered it immediately so that she would not be disturbed in her sleep, "Yes, bro" I said as I made my way to the kitchen where I can still see her.

"Is Lucy okay?" My brother asked me worriedly.

"She's fine" I said "She's already sleeping"

I don't know why Zeref is so worried about her. And I can't understand myself why I get annoyed every time my brother looks for her and asks about her condition, "Just focus on your date. I'll hang up"

The following day wasn't even good. She was frowning and kept on sighing in front of me as if I bored her. I'm trying to control my temper but she keeps on pushing me on my edge "Stop being sarcastic" I growl.

She stares at me innocently which makes my heart beat fast but I just ignore it because probably it's my adrenaline "What's wrong with me being sarcastic?" her tone doesn't match on her reaction.

This lady! "Just don't do it, Heartfilia" I said controlling my emotion "Don't sigh nor give out a deep breath. You keep on doing that since last night. Your sarcastic remarks are also irritating. Why you can't just answer me without being sarcastic just like how you answer my brother, Zeref"

I don't understand why she treats me like this. It was different compared to the way she treated my brother. I hate it. I hate this goddamn feeling! She told me that she was just being true to herself. But I can't accept it. I can't accept that fucking reason.

She tried to change the topic but it looked like she was looking for my brother. Damn! Why does she keep on looking at him! I told her that they're both old enough to take care of themselves but she just won't listen and kept on sighing.

"Stop sighing young lady!" I warned her.

She rolled her eyes at me "Stop reprimanding me, Dragneel! I will do what I wanted to do"

"You really sure are hard – headed, eh" I'm amused but still pissed off.

"So?" she told me as if she was challenging my patience. I opened my mouth to speak but she just let out another sigh.

"If you don't stop sighing and rolling your eyes. I'll kiss you" I threatened her.

She laughed which really insult me. Is it because she wanted to kiss that man who can't even love her back. Damn! I can do better than that asshole "Kiss me? And that supposed to scare me? Now that's funny" I saw an emotion flash on her eyes as she looked at me "You do know that it's the oldest threat in the book of threats. And I'm not scared of it! To hell with you"

She was about to turn her back at me when I pulled her closer to me and without saying a word I pressed my lips to her. I immediately wrapped my arms around her waist as one of my hands rested on her nape. Her both hands are on my chest trying to push me but I just hug her tight.