CHAPTER #12

A/N: Good evening guys (Philippines time), I just want to inform you that the NATSU'S BRIDE TO BE will be updated after I finished one of my stories. Kidding side, I'll just update it when I can but right now. It will be impossible since, my mind is blocking my ideas.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter. And please, please. Leave some comment. Thank youuu ♥️♥️♥️

Khiegilsan

THE day passed by quickly. It was a whirlwind of activities. Though, this might be the busiest day that I have in my entire life. After the ceremony we went straight to the reception venue where some of the visitors are waiting for my sister and to her husband, Zeref.

My sister's wedding theme is vintage. It was beautiful and I never knew that a vintage theme can be this fabulous. The wedding was intimate. Though, I don't know mostly of their guest and it really makes me uncomfortable but then as soon as I saw my sister and Zeref's smile. I thought, that I should just swallowed my discomfort.

I heard someone clear his throat on my side so when I turned my body – I saw an unfamiliar man standing in front of me. He extend his hand on me and I just stare his hand then back to his face – not sure on what should I do "I'm Lance Dy."

Did I ask you? I don't remember asking your name! I pressed my lips together still didn't utter any word "You don't want to talk to me, aren't you?" Of course! I don't trust you, you dickhead

I grimace – I was about to answer him when a strong arms wrapped around my waist – pulling me to his "Yes. She doesn't like talking to strangers" my head turn to the source of that voice, "If you may excuse. I'd like to have some time with my lady"

My lady? My mouth parted and it took me ages before I finally compose myself.  I immediately push him and create a small space between us. I gave an apologetic smile to the man whose still standing in front of us "Excuse me" I say before I leave both of them there.

"Heartfilia!"

I didn't bother looking at him – all I know is that I need to run. My mind is confuse. I don't know why he was doing this. I don't know why he suddenly become so nice with me. And I'm scared... scared that I end up loving him too much. Too much that I end up loving him more than I love myself.

A gasp escaped my lips when I felt him grab my hand and force me to stop from walking. I look at him over my shoulder "What?"

"What the hell are you doing? Why you left me there?" he ask me.

I shook my head as I tried my best to remove his hand on me – thankfully he let go "I just need to run, I guess"

He look at me confuse "Why?"

"I just need too" I mumble. He open his mouth to speak but I just continue "I don't know why you are being nice to me. I'm confused. The last time I checked you hate my entire being because of what I did on your life."

"I don't hate you"

"Right." I mumble sarcastically "As if." He stare on my face as I lick my lower lips and took a deep breath before I continue with a sigh "I just don't want to misunderstand your action, Dragneel."

"I'm trying to be friend with you" he said – he seems so lost right now as he stare on my face. A friend? I don't like it. I want more than that. "Is that too much to ask?" he ask me disbelief is visible on his face. 

He reach my hand and hold it while he stare on my face as if he was trying to read my mind. I gave him a smile before I answer "It is" because I love you. "I told you, you always see me as a threat. You just see me as a tool. A tool that will give you what you want and need." But how about me?