Chapter 4

4- I still like you...

"C'MON, HURRY UP ALREADY! IF THE PASTRIES ARE SOLD OUT I WILL MAKE YOU BOTH PAY!" Lucia scolded Aiden and me while we made our way to the pastry stall.

"I'll just buy you one later! What's the big deal!" Aiden responds.

"WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?!? FREE PASTRIES ALWAYS TASTE BETTER THAN ANY OTHER ONES!" Lucia proves her point.

Aiden turns around and looks at the rest of us.

"100% accurate!" Felix, Zavid, Austin and I raise our hands in agreement.

"Weirdos", Aiden smacks his head.
"By the way, where are Phoenix and Natasha?", He proceeds to ask.

"Oh, Mrs John asked Natasha if she would like to volunteer as a club representative because the person in charge didn't show up and Phoenix said he'll tag along with her." Felix answers.

"Oh...", He replies and suddenly puts his arm around my shoulder.

"LET'S GO EAT! FREE PASTRIES HERE WE COME!" Aiden shouts.
I did feel a bit happy seeing him trying to cheer me up. 

"Get your big fat arms off her!" Lucia and Felix shout in synchrony.

"HEY! IT'S TONED ARMS!" He protests.

I start giggling and we hurried our way to the stall.

It seemed that luck was on our side, we all got our favourite flavour of pastries.

"Ah! It tastes so good!" Lucia squeals.

"I know right! So delicious!" Zavid adds on.

"It tastes so heavenly!" Felix compliments.

"Taste like normal pastry to me..." Aiden sighs in confusion.

The rest of us shoot annoyed looks at him.

"OH, THY HEAVENLY PASTRY! HOW DO THOU TASTE SO GOOD AND COME FREE TOO!" He shouts.

All of us start laughing hysterically.

This festival was going way better than I expected it to be. It was so fun and the pastry sure was delicious.

"Wait! Austin, tell us about your girlfriend?!?" I say and everyone starts demanding an answer while Austin starts blushing.

"Okay! Okay... She was at the game just now. Her name is Kiara", he starts...

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~" All of us tease him.

"SHUT UP!"

"Continueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~" We say.

"So she's just transferred to Oakridge. We went to the same elementary school and recently added each other on Instagram. We chatted a lot with each other. Kiara and I have the same interests and hobbies and after the game... she came up to me and said 
'Austin! You're very handsome, kind and I really like you. Like I haven't felt this way for anyone. We have that connection you know? And your basketball form was perfect! So.... how about you be my boyfriend?'
I was awestruck! and dumbfounded..."

"Huh? What did she even see in you?" Felix asks.

"That might've been nice, a girl asking a guy out!" Zavid comments.

"Wait? What'd you reply?" I question.

"Obviously yes! and I hugged her..." Austin turned pink.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~" We all go again

"Why didn't she stay for the festival?" Lucia says.

"She had some family event... so that's why we're going to Disneyland. Just the two of us and MY BRO, AIDEN BOUGHT US THE TICKETS!" He squeaks like a girl.