Chapter 21

21- "I'm sorry, our friendship really has to hit the dead-end."

"Nixy?"

He turns around and then continues playing. 
Phoenix dribbles the ball, even more aggressively this time. He jumps and dunks the ball showing pure anger.

"Hey listen, I can explain... the song it's not about you-"
I try to start explaining my side to at least save our friendship from whatever residue was left.

"Yeah sure", he blandly replies and just keeps on playing.

Ah, it's hopeless, I tell myself and decide to just leave him alone when suddenly he throws the ball at the hoop in frustration and collapses to the ground.

"PHEONIX! ARE YOU OKAY?", I run towards him.

"NO! DON'T TOUCH ME!" He protests.

I stare at him silently and then noticed he was crying. 

"Hey... don't cry. I'll go away if I make you uncomfortable. Don't worry, I won't bother you like your fangirls", I give him a genuine smile.

"THAT'S THE PROBLEM!" He screams.
"WHY CAN'T I JUST SEE YOU LIKE SOME STUPID FANGIRL", He says while crying.

I was more confused than I could explain.

"I DON'T KNOW WHY IT'S YOU, TO BEGIN WITH. WHY?"

"We could figure it out... chill... I'm sorry?" I reply.

"AHHH!" He groans.
"How can you be so polite all the time and not be turbulent. You're like the calm blue skies and I can't help but try to get your attention. In your song, you say it is not about me and that makes me even sadder. I'm just gonna assume it's about me then. HOW CAN YOU DECIDE HOW THE OTHER PERSON FEELS? HUH? WHAT GIVES YOU THAT AUTHORITY?"

I was speechless.

"I ACTUALLY LIKE YOU. I can't help it. It's true, at first I kind of never noticed you but somehow all I can think about is you. It's so weird. First, I considered you as a rival. You studied and I hated it. All the people just flocked next to you without any reason. I indeed said you weren't my type but now I guess I prefer girls in baggy jeans..."

I give out a small laugh.

"YEAH, LAUGH ALL YOU WANT! You even changed my ideal type. You know, tell that girl who the song is about that the lad is crazy about her. At least let them have a happy married life."

"Sure!" I smile.

"STOP SMILING!"

"So... we're still friends right?" I ask.
His face was about to turn red from anger. 
Oops... slip of tongue...

"SORRY, we really can't be friends", he shouts.
"I'm sorry, our friendship has to hit its dead-end now."

"-But we only do what friends do... so there is no difference?", I tease him.

"Oh really?"

"Yes."

He walks closer to me. 
"I-" I get all flustered.

Phoenix grabs my face and presses his lips against mine. My eyes were widened, very wide in fact. I looked at him, his eyes were closed. One hand was on my face while the other one wrapped around my waist.

He picked me up and as an automatic reflex, I wrapped my leg around his waist. I could feel his muscles and that made this moment 10000 times hotter.

To his surprise maybe, I didn't protest and just closed my eyes. It was a moment. Both of us melted into the kiss. After a hot minute, he breaks the kiss while still holding me in his arms.