Chapter 16

16- Strawberries dipped in Chocolate.

The sun shined brightly in the sky but it wouldn't be too long until it slowly starts ebbing away into the darkness and the sky is washed with a beautiful orange hue. If you ask me, sunsets are one of the most beautiful and relaxing sights in nature but instead of watching the sunset, here I am being dragged by an idiot to the candy shop.

"Don't be shy, take anything you want. I know you love candies!" Phoenix gestures me to walk inside the shop. 

He was still wearing a half-open jacket and I couldn't keep my eyes off him. I sure felt like a stupid pervert. I was still in the huge t-shirt Phoenix gave me. 

"I'll make you broke", I smirk.

"Pfft. Some candies won't hurt"

"ALRIGHT THEN, YOU BROUGHT THIS ONTO YOURSELF!"

I am obsessed with eating candies. I can't help it. Those small gummies, the sour bites, the long strips of chewy candies, the soft spongy treats... EVERYTHING IS SO GOOD AND DELICIOUS. My mom usually dreads to bring me into a candy shop because I'll take a humongous amount of candies. 

I racked every candy that caught my eye off the shelf and presented it to the cashier. Phoenix looked like he wanted to reverse time and never make this decision. I innocently smiled at him. The cashier also smiled at him with pity and he returned the expression.

"You really are something-" He sighs. 

"OH WAIT WAIT WAIT!" I cry.

"What next?" 

"I WANT THAT CHOCOLATE THINGY TOO! You know the fountain where you can dip marshmallow or strawberry-" I point at the fountain placed at the end of the store. 

"Please get her some---" Phoenix smiled hiding his tears.

"Strawberries please!" I tell the man going to get the treat.

Everything was paid and I walked out of the store with a bag full of candies and the strawberries dipped in chocolate.

"Thank you... This is the best thing I've done this entire month!" I smile at Phoenix.

"Yeah yeah sure. My one month allowance just thrown into the ditch." 

"I told you to make sure", I stick my tongue out.

"-But you know I don't regret it. Whatever makes you happy :)" Phoenix gives a genuine smile.

My heart skips a beat and I run towards the city park. 

Wow, this guy still got his way of making me fall for him. UGH, WHEN WILL I EVER GET OVER HIM? I thought to myself. 

We both reach the park and find an empty bench. 

"Here-" I hand him a small packet of gummies. 
"These are the best gummies ever. I asked the man to pack some for you too-"

"AWW THANK YOU- but wait, it's still my money-"

"OH IF YOU DON'T WANT I CAN EAT-"

"Just kidding. Chill shortie!"

I pout and start munching on my strawberry. I could tell my face was covered with chocolate. I had always been a messy eater. It's always like that.
Phoenix stared at my face. 

"Nixy, why are you staring so blatantly at me?" I ask him.

"No, it's just your face is covered with chocolate-" He tries to hold in his laughter.
"Are you a grade-schooler?!?"