Chapter 15

15- Settling in!

Skyla's POV:

"AHHH! WE'VE ONLY GOT TWO MORE WEEKS FOR THE CARNIVAL! SKYLA GET YOUR SONG IN PLACE!" Natasha yells at me in the band room.

"HEY NAT STOP YELLING AT MY SISTER! She's had a tough time till now!" Aiden walks closer to me and gently pats my head.

"YOU GUYS ARE SO WEIRD!" Natasha tries to clear her head.

"I'm so sorry Natasha! The past few weeks have been a ruckus! I promise Kai and I will stay back today after practice and concrete the song!" I look at Natasha with pleading eyes while she gives me a thumbs-up sign.

"C'mon Skye~~ You know I could help you out!!!" Lucia whines.

"Pfft. Stay away pipsqueak, you'll probably ruin the entire song", Aiden teases Lucia. 

"Oh really?" Rather than protesting, Lucia leans closer to him and Aiden gets all flustered. 

"AHHH YOU GUYS ARE SO CRINGY! GET OUT! LET ME AND KAI DO OUR THING!" I interrupt. Both of them guiltily smile.

It's been a week since I've reunited with my long lost twin brother. Everyone was shocked when they heard the truth. Phoenix was probably even more shocked than I was. My mom compelled Aiden to move in with us and now she takes care of him like he's some angel that has descended from above and even though I find it a bit annoying, I'm honestly happy that we have a complete family right now.

"I'm leaving, Felix is outside! Bye!" Natasha waves at us and hurriedly departs.

"Is she and Felix a thing?" Phoenix suddenly asks.

All of shrug and Phoenix expression quickly changes. 

"AHH NOW GO ON! THE REST OF YOU LEAVE!" I push Lucia, Aiden and Phoenix outside. 

Lucia and Aiden quickly hobbled away. They were holding hands as well.

"DON'T HOLD MY BEST FRIENDS HAND!" I shout to Aiden. 

He turns around and cries, "SORRY BUT I LOVE HER!"

Ugh, I sigh.

"Why can't I stay though!?!?" Phoenix questions.

"Because-" 
The song is about you-

"BECAUSE YOU WILL DISTRACT KAI AND ME. NOW GO!" I declare and shut the door.

"Phew-" I give out a relieving sigh and turned towards Kai who was peacefully sitting in front of the piano. 

He looked at me and as I proceeded to walk closer to him. I grabbed another chair and sat next to him. 

"Those are some deep lyrics... You actually like someone, don't you?" Kai asks me after going through my song.

"UGH, NO-NO! IT'S JUST IMAGINATION!" I quickly cover my face out of embarrassment. 

He looks at me with sad eyes and I just try to laugh it off. Kai starts playing the melody after I tell him what I had in mind. It was a happy yet striking love song. We fixed on a tune we both liked and then the practice began. After half an hour, Kai and I decided to stop and finalise this version of the song. 

"You sang amazing as usual!" Kai compliments me.

"Haha, thanks. Kai, wait a minute, I gotta just wash my face. I'll be right back!" I tell him.

He nods his head in agreement. 

I head over to the band restroom. Yes, we have a restroom in the band. The school is a very lavish one and provides students with all their essentials. They do ask us to pay up though xD.