Chapter 10

10- Drums or Piano?

It was supposed to be an easy-going Monday and I honestly was very excited to be in the band but here I am, in this sticky and awkward situation with a very emotionless guy. Phoenix and Natasha just ditched me. Oh Lord, WHY?

I subtly turned towards the guy sitting in front of the piano. He stared back at me with those emerald eyes. I gave out a peal of very anxious laughter. 

This guy, he's not going to talk... is he? AH, WHATEVER! I'M JUST GOING TO THINK OF HIM AS AIDEN OR FELIX OR SOMEONE! SKYLA! YOU CAN DO THIS!
I assured myself.

"Ah... you also play the piano huh?" I utter.

"Yeah", He replies and the pin-drop silence begins once again.

"So... You wrote this, huh?" I break the silence.

"Yeah", he gives me the answer.

"Little things... pretty nice." I continue.

He shook his head.

Can anyone be this anti-social? Does he not like me or something?

"If you don't feel comfortable with me, you can go with Phoenix and the others," Kai says out of the blue.

I was dumbfounded. 

"I won't feel anything, so don't worry." He adds on.

I could feel the blood boiling inside my body. Wah! Who does he think he is?

"Will it kill you to be a bit more friendly to me?" I shoot the question.

He looks at me with widened eyes. 
Did I mess up? I mean, I said it... there's no going back. Might as well continue.

"If you don't want to teach me your song, just say it to my face! Don't blame me!" I continue.

He looked utterly confused.

"Be nicer to people and smile! Like does it hurt you to smile? Do you not have teeth or something? Are you really Lucia's cousin? and I don't like one-sided conversations. It would be nice if you would talk back to me more freely with more words and not with one-word replies." I start panting after saying all of that in one breath.

He looked at the piano and covered his mouth.

WAIT? IS HE LAUGHING? THIS RUDE GUY!

"Sit down", Kai says scooting over a bit. 

UGH, I DON'T WANT TO SIT DOWN! HOW IS THIS GUY SO FRUSTRATING! HIS SHORT REPLIES ARE PISSING ME OFF-

Contrasting to my thoughts, I silently sat down beside him.

He starts playing the melody of the song. I closed my eyes. It was a beautiful overflow of feelings. The melody stuck to my ears.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the words. Kai slightly hummed the tune. 

I looked at Kai. His posture was perfect. His hand on the piano looked outstanding and he moved his fingers with angelic grace.

This guy-

The song reaches its end and all sound ceases again. 

Kai looks at me and says, "I don't smile because I think I look awkward... not because I have no teeth and yes, Lucia and my personalities conflict a lot. I'm sorry if I was too rude. Haha..." He chuckles and grins at me.

"Wow!" I say with a confused look.

"You look so much better when you smile... you really should smile often", I point out.
"-and I'm sorry... I just get frustrated easily and blurt out what comes to my mind."