Magical finger

We walk into the club and I smile. Even though my life has fallen apart I can still drink and dance my worries away. Although my legs probably won't let me dance I can do a little shimmy in my chair.

"Alright girl. We need to get rid of this wheelchair. You can sit at the bar on a stool." She walks through people and I try to keep up without running into anyone. Many eyes fall onto me as people stare and whisper about the fact I can't walk. I keep my head down as Emmy finds us two seats.

"Here take my hand." She holds out her hand and I take it. She pulls me out of my wheelchair and I hold onto her arm. She helps me as I slowly slide into the chair. "Can you put this behind the bar?" The bartender nods as he rolls it behind the bar.

"Thanks." I smile.

"You're welcome. Tonight is all about you so drink away." She winks.

"Can I get you ladies anything?" The bartender smirks at me. Oh is he flirting?

"What would you recommend?" I ask leaning on my hand.

"So we have..... You seem like the type to drink that." he winks.

"Then I'll try it." I smile.

"As you can tell my stomach ill take some apple juice." She says scanning the dance floor.

"All right." The bartender knocks on the bar and then walks away.

"So will you ever be able to walk again?" She asks

"Yeah, I'm taking physical therapy. I don't know about my job though!" I sigh.

"You were the best teacher there. If they don't take you back then it's their loss. You could always ask Connor to get you your job back." She drugs and my eyes go wide.

"Before you go off on me...He took everything from you and he owes it to you. If not that then he needs to give all the money he spent back." She frowns.

She's right! Connor took everything from me and once I get back on my feet I'm taking everything back.

The bartender comes back with our drinks. "Here you ladies go." he sets them down in front of us.

"Thank you." I bite my lip as his eyes linger.

I take my first sip and the drink is as good as it was described. "Mm, it really is good." I wink.

The bartender gets called over to another pair of people sitting in their seats and I turn back to Emmy.

"Have you thought of any baby names yet?" I ask.

"I'm thinking of naming my son Marcus." She says drinking her juice.

"Oh, so it's a boy." My eyes widen.

"Yep. I wanted twins, but there's always time for more." She shrugs.

I understand why she wanted twins. I mean they have been trying for years now and, understandably, they don't have time.

I down the last of my drink and the bartender fills it immediately. "Thank you" I smile.

"You want to go dance?" She asks.

"Yeah, but I can't" I point at my legs.

"I'll ask a guy to come dance at the stool with you." She winks and walks off into the crowd.

AN HOUR LATER

The guy drunkenly kisses on my neck while I record the video. I mean step 1 in making Connor jealous was to get another guy. His hand grips my thigh and I smile. "Let's go dance on the dance floor." He pulls me out of my seat and my eyes go wide.