Chapter 1

Lexi's POV

It was my first day at Eden Hall, I was excited but also nervous. Everyone at this school has high expectations for me all because of my last name and I'm afraid I won't be able to live up to them. I decided to walk to school because my dad and brothers wouldn't shut up about the ducks. I didn't blame them but it was really annoying. I didn't understand why Tommy was mad though because he liked lacrosse more than hockey and now he's allowed to play. Rick was mad because he's a jerk and my dad was mad because he agrees with everything Rick says. My mom isn't with us anymore because she got into a really bad car accident and passed when i was like 7, it affected my family a lot especially rick, but i know if my mom heard the way he talked about the ducks that she wouldn't be pleased so sometimes when he said something too mean, i would remind him.

While I was walking, taking in the beauty of nature around me, I slipped when 2 boys slid past me on roller blades. I wasn't hurt or anything so i just got up then the kid that almost bumped me yelled back a sorry and i continued on my walk. Once I arrived at the school I checked my watch to see that i had to be in the gym in like a minute so i rushed to the gym and sat down near my twin brother Tommy who was sitting with his lacrosse friends. All of his friends looked at me and i got uncomfortable, then Tommy said, "lay off she's my sister." All of the boys immediately turned around except one. He smirked at me and I just glared at him making him turn around while his friends made fun of him.

Then the Dean started talking about how great the school is yada yada yada, it was extremely boring so i just tuned it out. Then my brother nudged me and I looked at the stage confused hearing people yelling and the back curtain moving. Then I saw the curtain fall and a bunch of people scramble out from under the curtain. One guy spoke up and said, "Hi.. we're ducks." Everyone started laughing at them although I was supposed to hate them I felt bad that I knew what it was like to be an outsider. Then i looked at the group and noticed one boy staring at me, he was cute but i made a pact to NEVER and i mean NEVER catch feelings for a hockey boy because i don't plan on getting my heartbroken freshmen year. Then he winked at me and I just rolled my eyes and turned away. Yep they're all flirts that will just break my heart.

Then they got escorted out of the gym and everyone headed off to their first classes. My first class was math which I loved. I was really good at it and I found it fun because there was always a right answer. Unfortunately we had assigned seating, so I made my way to my desk, and sat down looking at the names beside me. On the left there was someone named Julie and on the right there was someone named Adam. I unpacked my stuff and watched people find their desks as I waited for the class to begin. Then three boys and a girl all walked into the class and I recognized them. One of them was the boy that made me trip this morning and the other boys were with him on the stage when the curtains fell. The girl looked familiar but i wasn't sure if she was on the team or not.

The boy that winked at me earlier saw me and smiled, I looked at him and just turned to the teacher walking into the class. Then the boy sat down in the seat marked Adam and the girl that walked in sat in the seat marked Julie. She smiled at me and put her hand out "Hey im julie gaffney, and i'm on the JV hockey team with that spaz, that shy guy and the weirdo beside you." She said pointing at the guy that knocked me over, who was sitting at a desk marked Charlie, a guy who was sitting in the desk behind me marked Guy and Adam. Then i said, "hi, im lexi riley, and it's nice to meet you." She smiled at me and asked if I would like to sit with them at lunch. I agreed because I figured it would be better than sitting with my brother. She didn't seem that bad so i decided i would try and give the ducks the benefit of the doubt although i know i wouldn't hear the end of it.

Once I turned back to my seat the bell rang and the teacher started explaining how today we were just going to get to know each other because we are going to be doing a bunch of group projects. I sighed hoping that we wouldn't have to stand up in front of the class because I think it's totally embarrassing. Unfortunately that is exactly what we had to do. Once it got to me i just said, "Hey, im Lexi and i'm looking forward to the school year ahead." Then it went around and ended up on Adam, he smirked at me and said, "Hey, i'm Adam and im looking forward to the school year ahead." I looked at him seeing him smirk at me, I just chuckled because I thought it was quite funny how hard he was trying to get my attention. Then we finished and the bell rang. Julie asked what my next class was and I said, "English." She said she thinks Banks has english too and i looked at her kinda confused. Then she said, "Adam's last name is Banks. I forgot you haven't known us for that long, but everyone calls him cake-eater." I giggled at the strange nickname and figured I'd ask her another time.

I got into my English class and lucky me was beside Adam again. Great. He kept tapping me and trying to talk to me but I ignored it, clearly he thought it was hilarious because he just kept going. Then the bell rang and I quickly walked over to my locker trying to avoid talking to him. Once I put my books in my locker I grabbed my lunch money and walked to the cafeteria. Once I got there I looked around and saw Tommy. I walked up to him and told him that I was going to sit with one of my friends. He joked about me not having any friends and then said, "have fun." I looked around a bit longer and then felt someone pull my arm. I looked over to see Adam dragging me across the Cafeteria. 

Adam told me that he was taking me to his team's lunch table. So I stopped trying to move my arm out of his grip and just followed him. Once we got there I sat down beside Julie, and Adam went and sat beside Charlie. Julie introduced me to Connie and we all talked about how we were excited to be friends. Then Julie and Connie asked if I liked Adam and I said, "Absolutely not." They both looked at me and said, "he totally likes you he wouldn't shut up about you at our lockers." I just shrugged and pretended I didn't hear them. Then Julie said, "This is where I'm supposed to casually ask you if you have a boyfriend." I laugh and say, "depends who's asking." Then Connie said, "Classified..but we need an answer like now." So I laughed again and said, "yep single as ever." Then the bell rang and I walked out of the cafeteria glad that I had already made friends like Julie and Connie.