Chapter 15

Adam's POV

Today is the day. I'm going to ask for another chance with Lexi. I guess i have said that about every other day since we broke up but still. This time felt different. I had a gut feeling about it. I walked to her locker when Riley came up to me. "Hey man, the coach scheduled a game for tonight as practice. Be there. Don't be late. Or else..... Wait, is this my sister's locker?" I just said, "I dont know." Then he walked away and I decided to ask Lexi if she wanted to wear my away jersey to the game because guys on the team would ask girls they liked that or girls they were dating. Lexi came up looking absolutely stunning. "Hey Adam." She said, It made me blush just hearing my name out of her mouth. I smiled and said, "Hey,iwaswonderingifyouwantedtowearmyjerseytomyhockeygametonightitstotallyfineifyoudontwanttoitwasjustanidea." She looked at me and said, "Hold up, slow your rolls. Repeat that." I took a deep breath and said, "I was wondering if you wanted to wear my jersey to my hockey game tonight. It's totally fine if you don't want to. It was just an idea." She smiled and said, "I'd love to Addy." Normally I would get mad at the nickname but her smile made me forget it. I pulled the jersey out of my bag and gave it to her. She smiled and put it in her locker. I said, "Don't ask why my jersey was in my backpack. I honestly don't know." She just laughed and walked away. I loved her laugh. Even though she sounded like a dying whale it was still cute because it was unique and because it was from her.

I walked into math and we were getting tests back. Lexi got moved back to her old seat and I was so happy. She got her test back and got a 100% on it. Then the teacher gave mine back and I got a 6%. How do you fail a math test? Then the teacher said, "Lexi, would you do me a favour and tutor adam?" She looked up at the teacher and said, "Of course ma'am." Obviously I was upset about my mark but i was glad I had an excuse to spend more time with lexi. As the class went on I was really confused. What the heck is y=mx+b and why does anyone care? I decided I should just watch Lexi the whole class. Not in a creepy way she just looked really cute when she was focused. While I was staring at her I felt someone nudge me. I turned around and saw Guy. He whispered, "Dude. Stop staring at her like some creep and just ask her out already. What the worst that could happen?" I whispered back, "She rejects me and starts dating Josh or Phillips and stops talking to me forever." Then Lexi turned towards me and I just turned towards the door pretending I wasn't just staring at her and then talking about her.

When we got to english my teacher pulled me aside. "So how's it going with Mrs. Riley?" Our teacher loved drama so i wasn't surprised about her asking but i didn't know what to say, it was kind of awkward talking about my love life with my teacher. Then she said, "Are you guys dating?" I shrugged and said, "No not yet." Then she looked at me and said, "Well hurry up because Phillips stares at her in class the same way you do and I heard him talking with Benjamin about asking someone out." That made my stomach turn. What if she says yes and I'm too late. I just said, "Thank you so much ma'am, for everything. It means a lot." Then she smiled and said, "Now hurry up and get into class, young man." I chuckled and walked in seeing Phillips about to pass a note to Lexi, when he saw me he just turned away. HA. he's scared of me.

Soon enough it was lunch. Lexi was sitting with her new cheerleading friends because they changed their minds about her being allowed to sit with the ducks. I walked over and said, "Heyyy, Lexi." All of the cheerleaders looked at me like I was a criminal. Then some girl named Ella came up to me and dragged me to the varsity table and said, "You are banned from our table, Lexi might have forgiven you but she's our new friend and we haven't." I just rolled my eyes and said, "Can you at least tell her I can't wait to see her at my game?" Ella shrugged and said, "Fine, but she's sitting with us so you better watch it Banks. I will hurt you." I just kinda turned away. Jeez. What's wrong with her? I knew Lexi was scary but Ella is terrifying. Then she walked away and sat back down with Lexi. Rick asked me, "What was she talking to you about?" I just shrugged and said, "I don't know but she's scary." The whole table nodded.

I got bored and sad that I didn't get to talk to Lexi so I did the next best thing. I texted her and said.

Addy the Baddie: Hey Tex Lexxxxxx, I miss youuuuuuu.

I looked at her when she opened it and she looked down smiling. I'm just glad she's back to smiling when I try to talk or text her instead of ignoring me. Then she said.

Tex Lex: Stop calling me that.

Addy the Baddie: Only if you give me a goodluck kiss.

She looked up at me from across the cafeteria and i puckered my lips. She rolled her eyes and then went back to her phone and texted.

Tex Lex: I'll think about it.

Ahhhhh. This is progress. What if she actually kissed me. OMG. Why am I fangirling over someone I've already dated? Oh well.

Addy the Baddie: Then i'll think about not calling Tex Lex. But I think the kiss would go well with my jersey.

Tex Lex: Whatever helps you sleep at night Addy ;)

Then the bell rang and we both headed off to our classes.

Soon the day ended and I was getting ready for my game. Lexi sent me a photo of her in my jersey and I screenshotted it because she looks so cute and I want to have that photo forever to show our kids when they are older how gorgeous their mom was. I never really talked about the future with Lexi because I wasn't sure what she wanted and i didnt want to scare her, then when I was thinking about talking to her about it the whole video thing happened and she hated me so it probably wasn't a great idea. Then I got into our team's dressing room and bumped into Riley. He said, "Hey banks, ready for the game?" I said, "Yep. Are you?" He smiled and said, "Yep." I felt like the team was actually really nice once they accepted you which was good, but I still wanted to be with the ducks. I got dressed in all of my gear and we made our way onto the ice. Once we were done warming up the game started.

In the 2nd period we were winning 4-1 and I had a breakaway. I shot, and scored. I looked into the stands and saw Lexi cheering for me then I smiled and Ella tapped her, turning Lexi towards me. Then Lexi gave me a thumbs up and I winked at her. When I wasn't paying attention some guy came up to me and slashed my knee. I immediately fell to the ground in pain. Everyone booed and Lexi started walking towards the ice. The pain was so bad that I passed out. I slowly woke up to me being strapped to a stretcher and then the lady putting me into an ambulance said to Lexi, "How are you and him related?" She said, "I'm his, uhh Girlfriend. Yea im his girlfriend." Then I closed my eyes again, smiling and pretending that I didn't hear that but it made me happy. Maybe she will say yes. Obviously she cares if she drives in an ambulance because I know she hates them. Once I figure out what's wrong, I'm going to ask her to be mine.....Again.