Chapter 24

Lexi's POV

I'm currently driving over to Adam's because we decided we're going to have another movie night. I'm so glad that I decided to give him another chance. I really missed him. When we got back together my happiness just increased like a trillion percent. While I was driving Adam texted me. I looked at the text and it said, "I can't wait to see you." I smiled and started texting, "I can't wait to see you either. I love y" Then a big Semi-truck comes out of nowhere and heads right towards me. I try to move out of the way but....

Adam's POV

I can't wait for Lexi to be here. I texted her a while ago. It says she's typing but it's been saying that for the past 10 minutes. Maybe she's on her way that's why. So I just didn't retext her and just went back to my room to get all the snacks ready. Then I got a call. I answered it and heard Rick on the other line he said, "Adam come to the hospital right now. Something happened to Lexi." RIght when I noticed what he said I grabbed a jacket and keys and ran. I ran pit the door with my mom yelling asking where i was going all i could say was. "Hospital. Lexi." She immediately grabbed my keys and drove because she knew I probably wouldn't be able to drive. I'm freaking out right now. I'm so scared. What happened. I hope she's ok.

Once my mom got us to the hospital I ran in and she went to park. I could tell she was scared too because Lexi was like a second daughter to her. When I got inside I ran into the waiting room and saw Rick and the rest of her family crying. I ran up to Rick and said, "What's wrong? What happened? Is she ok?" Rick looked at me with sadness in his eyes and said, "She got into a car accident. She was texting someone while driving and a semi-truck drove right into her." Oh no. This can;t be happening. It's all my fault why did I have to text her. Why couldn't I have just waited? If anything bad happens to her I will blame myself. I can't believe this is all my fault. Then Rick came over to me and said, "Adam the nurse told us all to say our last goodbyes...I think you should too. I can tell them you're family." I can't believe this. Part of me doesn't want to say goodbye because that means she's really leaving. Leaving me. I don't know how I'll live knowing this is all my fault. I nodded and Rick brought me to her room.

When I walked in I saw Lexi. She looked horrible. She looked like she was dead. But she was still gorgeous. She always was. I walked over to her and she smiled. I sat down and grabbed her hand. Rick left the room to give us privacy so it was just us then Lexi said, "Adam, I know what you;re thinking. It's not your fault, ok. It's nobody's fault if this actually happens just know it was meant to. Everything that happens in life has a purpose. Although I'm not sure what this one is I know you Addy. You're smart when you want to be. You can figure it out. Then I looked at her and said, "Lexi. Don't talk like that. Don't talk like you're leaving me. I need you." Then Lexi said, "Adam, All of the letters you wrote me are under my bed. I want you to read them." Then I looked at her and said, "Lexi. i l;ove you more than you'll ever know." Then Lexi said, "Addy, I lov-" her grip on my wrist loosened and the machine beside her started to beep. NO NO NO NO NO. THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING. SHE DIDN'T EVEN FINISH WHAT SHE WAS GOING TO SAY. WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS. I CAN'T LOSE HER. NOT YET. WE WERE GOING TO HAVE A FAMILY TOGETHER. SHE WAS GONNA BE MY WIFE. I started to have a panic attack. The doctors had to drag me out of her room. They tried to give her CPR but nothing. Then one of the doctor's said something I wished I had never had to hear. Lexi Riley, was dead.

How could this happen? I finally made her mine, and now she's gone...