Chapter 13

Adam's POV

She promised me. Lexi promised that no matter what happened she would show up to all of my games. I mean i guess i also promised i wouldn't hurt her and i did but still, I didn't think anything i could do would make her break a promise that's how i knew i really broke her. It's one thing that she's not coming to my game but it hurts even more that she's going to watch Josh's game with Phillips. It just makes me so mad, what i did was wrong but now that she's mad at me it doesn't mean every guy at our school should swoop in and try to take what's mine. Or what was mine i guess. It's killing me inside that I can't say she's mine. It's worse when I see her everyday with another guy trying to get with her. I just want to be the one that makes her happy. When she read that letter I wrote her, I saw a tiny bit of a smile tugging at her lips so I'll be writing more until she forgives me. I got to the dressing room and got ready for the game. I didn't talk to anyone, all I could think about was Lexi.

The game began and I kept getting checked into the boards. It would take a while to get up because in all honesty I wasn't sure I wanted to get up. Coach pulled me off and said, "Adam, where's your focus?" I looked up at him with tears in my eyes and said, "At a lacrosse game with another dude." Coach looked at me sympathetically and then said, "Listen Adam. I know you probably really like this girl and i'm sure she's great but hockey is your future, don't let things like girls distract you." I looked up at him and said, "No, actually she's my future. I'd do anything and everything to be with her for the rest of my life. And I messed up badly." Then he just told me to sit on the bench and calm down before getting back on the ice. What I said to coach wasn't wrong. Whenever I thought about the future I always pictured Lexi right by my side helping me through everything. But now she hates me and i need to fix it. I will do anything and everything to make her mine.

The game ended 6-1 for us. The goal was my fault because I got distracted and let the other team's centre pass me. I wondered how Phillips and Lexi's hangout went. As I was walking back to the dorms I bumped into Phillips and said, "So how'd your hangout with Lexi go?" Phillips looked at me disappointed and said, "Horrible. She just talked about how she felt bad for not going to your game the whole time and she ended up going back early because Julie texted her about an emergency." I tried my best not to smile about the fact Lexi was talking about me but I couldn't help it so i just said, "Sorry man." Then he said it was fine and walked away. I went back to my dorm and went to bed because I was tired from my game.

I woke up at 5:45 a.m., I know that sounds early but i needed time to write my next note for Lexi. I got to work and I finally came up with something ok enough for her to actually read. Then I ran to my english teacher's class to get her to write it. I wanted the note to be neat and perfect. My teacher finished and then I went to put it in her locker. The note said,

"I'm saying sorry first.

I'm saying sorry last.

I'm saying sorry for the future,

but mainly for the past."

-A. Banks

Once I put it in her locker I stood in the same spot waiting for her to get there. When she got there I stood waiting for her to open her locker. She opened it and the letter fell out. She looked at it and turned to look at me, I waved and she just rolled her eyes turning back around to read it. Once she finished reading something she grabbed something from her locker or put something in it I'm not sure and then she crumpled the letter and threw it in the trash. This is going to take a lot more letters. There's only so many ways you can ruin paper right?

I was wrong. The next day I wrote her another poem. It said,

"I'm sorry for the things I've done.