Chapter 3

Lexi's POV

After school ended my dad wanted to take me and my brothers out to a nice restaurant in celebration of Tommy making the lacrosse team and Rick being captain of Varsity. I was happy for my brothers don't get me wrong but sometimes I feel like my dad doesn't know how to have a daughter so he kinda just ignores me and praises my brothers. Once we got to the restaurant Rick was complaining about how awful the ducks were and I just rolled my eyes. Then he said to me, "Lexi, how was your lunch with them?" I glared at him and said, "Oh it was great actually made two kinda three friends." My dad looked at me and said, "Well i'm glad you made friends, and I hoped you enjoyed your first day. Oh yeah and NO BOYS" I laughed and said, "Trust me im ok with that." Then my brother started talking about how someone from the ducks has to be on their team. I was impressed because he would be the youngest ever kid to make Varsity at Eden Hall. I asked who and Rick said, "Adam Banks." I looked at him with my jaw dropped and Tommy laughed and said, " Lexi I think you glitched because you're frozen." I shrugged it off and continued eating my dinner. While we were eating Rick convinced my dad to make me sit at Ricks lunch table because he didn't want me sitting with the 'enemy'. I just agreed because I knew Rick always found a way to get his way.

The next day, I got to school and walked to my locker. I was getting my Math book out when someone said, "BOO" I jumped and looked up to see Adam smiling at me. I rolled my eyes and walked to class. He chased after me and said, "woah woah woah what the rush were in the same class." I looked at him and said, "Look i know i said we can be friends but that doesnt mean i need an escort everywhere. OK. so go be the nice guy you are and talk to your other friends. He looked at me almost disappointed and said, "Sorry for bothering you." He looked at me with his gorgeous blue eyes and i couldn't take it, "No i'm sorry i just have a lot going on i shouldn't be taking it out on you." He smiled and said, "Does that mean i can walk you t-" "NO" I quickly interrupted. He chuckled and walked over to Guy. Once i got into math class i sat next to Julie and said hi she waved and said, "We have a game tonight would you like to come?" I smiled and said, "I wouldn't miss it!" Julie smiled and said great see you there! Then while we were waiting for the teacher i told her about my brother and how he's forcing me to sit with him she looked at me and rolled her eyes. "Boys will be boys." Then as if on cue Adam walked in and passed me a note while winking.

I rolled my eyes and opened the note and it said, "I lost my number, can I have yours?" I rolled my eyes, turned to him and said, "Your such a dork" and he said, "Only for you...so is that a yes?" So i said, "Hm i dont know im kinda enjoying having THE Adam Banks begging for my number" and turned around. Then Math started and Adam kept getting behind so I gave him my notes to try and help. Then class ended and he gave me my notebook back and said, "thank you, you have really neat writing." I smiled and thanked him while grabbing my book. Then we made our way over to english. On the way Adam asked me if i was coming to the hockey game after school i told him that i was and he told me he'd be looking forward to seeing me. Then we got into class and started watching a video about Nouns and Verbs i really didn't care tho so i just doodled in my notebook. Once class was over I had to go to lunch. I was dreading this because Rick and his friends always picked on me. They said it was because I was like their little sister but really it was just flat out annoying. I sat down at the table and Rick introduced the new players to me and so on, I just sat there being antisocial until they forced Adam to sit with them because he was on varsity then me and him talked for a while.

While we were talking I noticed Charlie coming over to our table. Cole stopped him and tried to take his lunch. I knew Charlie was up to something and so did Adam so me and him slowly backed away from the table and avoided whatever was about to happen. Once we avoided what we soon found out what horse turds we decided to walk to our lockers early. Then Adam looked at me and said, "what are you doing Friday night at 7?" I looked at him a bit curious and said, "Nothing, why?" He smiled and said, "will you go to the movies with me?" "Adam I-" Adam cut me off and said, "Just give me a chance. Please." I looked at him, took a piece of paper out of my pocket and a pen from Adam's shirt pocket and wrote down my number. "There, text me. Be at my house at 7 sharp no earlier no later." He smiled and turned around then he celebrated. I didn't think he realised I could see him but I just chuckled and got ready for drama. Once I got there I told Connie and Julie and they were so excited it made me laugh. Then the school day came to an end and I decided I should get ready for the hockey game. Once I was ready I walked over to the arena and found a seat. I sat down and saw Julie and Connie waving at me. I waved back and the game started. I watched the game until I noticed my brother's team getting up and going to the dressing rooms. I quietly followed them and saw them pranking JV. I was mad that my brother was trying to start something but I was glad Adam wasn't there. Then the game ended in a tie 9-9 which I was kinda confused about because they were winning 9-0. Then I waited for Julie and Connie to get out of the changeroom and they both came out with their clothes soaked. I felt so bad so I grabbed my bag and gave them both spare clothes. They thanked me and said it wasn't my fault because I kept apologizing.

Then after the game i went back to my dorm and got a text:

Adam: Hey, it's Adam. Can't wait for our date! Thanks for giving me a chance!

Lexi:Yea, no problem just dont mess it up i don't give second chances!

Adam: I wouldn't dream of it.

Lexi: good

I liked Adam a bit more than a friend which I couldn't believe because

1. He's a hockey player

2. I haven't known him that long

3. I've only ever given one other person a chance and they broke my heart.

But the third one is not important right now.

I was excited for the date but I had no idea what to wear since I texted a group chat with Connie and Julie they made a while ago. They said they would come over before 7 to help me get ready. Then I decided to go to bed and I started thinking about how excited I am for this date even though I was kinda a bitvh to Adam. It was just because I didn't want to get hurt.