Chapter 2

Adam's POV

I don't know what it was but right when i saw Lexi in the gym i knew she was different. Not only was she absolutely drop dead gorgeous but her smile made the whole room light up. When we made eye contact I got a sudden wave of confidence, especially because she wasn't laughing at us like the rest of the school. I was kinda confused when she rolled her eyes at me after I winked at her. I just thought she was attractive and couldn't help myself. I've never thought about a girl like this before and i don't know what it means and how to act so i decided to talk to Charlie and Guy. They were both in my art class so i told them that i needed to talk to them when we worked on our drawings. We only took art because we didn't want to be drama geeks, Julie and Connie on the other hand did. Once we got into art we sat at a table together with Dwayne. Dwayne wasn't paying attention so I told Guy and Charlie that I needed advice. Charlie said, "Wow cake-eater never thought you of all people would need advice about something, but what's up?" I sighed and said, "So there's this girl.." Guy and Charlie at the same time said, "WHO?" I looked at them kinda weirded out and then guy said, "Sorry but your Mr. Hockey and no distractions, so that must mean she's really special." "She is.." Charlie and Guy laughed and started chanting, "Banksie's got a crushh, Banksie's got a crushh." Then the teacher told them to be quiet or she's sending them to the office.

After a while, I sighed and looked at them and said, "I've never felt like this about someone before and i've only known her for a couple hours, but there's something different about her. I don't know how to talk or act around her. Earlier today I winked at her and she rolled her eyes so i'm pretty sure she hates me." Then Guy and Charlie looked at me in shock and Charlie said, "wow you really like her jeez." I rolled my eyes and said, "i shouldnt have asked for help this was stupid anyways ill just ask julie bacause theyre friends!" "WAIT WAIT WAIT, are you talking about Lexi?" Charlie asked. I rubbed the back of my neck and said, "um, what no why would i be talking about her haha." I looked down because I was blushing really hard. Charlie looked at me and said, "Dude, have you lost your mind?!?"

I was confused as to what he was talking about. "Why what's so wrong with that." Guy sighed and said, "look man, she's a riley. She's just a snob no wonder why she rolled her eyes at you." I looked down. I was kinda upset that Guy just called her a snob because regardless of who her brother was i liked her. So I said, "SHE'S NOT A SNOB." Guy and Charlie looked taken aback and then the bell rang. I walked out of the class angry.

When I was on my way to my gym class I felt bad about blowing up on Guy and Charlie but they don't even know her and they're bashing her because her brother is a jerk. But then again I also don't know her that well so maybe they're right, but I doubt it, everything about her is just so perfect, and she seemed really nice when she was talking to Julie in math. I just sighed and walked into the class. Once i walked in i made eye contact with the exact person i couldn't get out of my head ever since i saw her in the gym. Our Gym teacher introduced himself and paired us up with someone. I was hoping for Lexi, because it would give me an excuse to talk to her. "And Adam Banks and Lexi Riley." I smiled and looked at Lexi. She gave me the tiniest bit of a smile but i'll work with it. Our teacher told us that we are playing Queen's court Volleyball and I'm pretty good so i guess i'll be able to show off and try to get Lexi's attention. I walked over to her and said, "Hey partner, not to brag but I'm pretty good at Volleyball." She looked me up and down and then just turned away. I felt kinda self conscious because of the way she looked at me. I looked at her and said, "Look i know i don't know you that well, so why do you hate me so much?" She looked at me kinda surprised and said, "I don't hate you cake-eater, I just don't want to be bestfriends." I looked at her and said, "You don't have to be my bestfriend we can just be friends." She looked at me and said, "Look banks, I know your type and I don't wanna be your next Victim." I looked at her in shock and said, "ok tell me what's my type?" "The guy that tells his friends that he can get any girl flirts with 5 girls at a time and then picks one when he gets bored of the other 4." I felt sad that she thought of me like that. I would never do that. "I swear I would never do something like that, any guy that does that is an idiot." She sighed and mumbled, "trust me i know" and then she said, "Maybe you aren't so bad after all, i guess we can be friends." I look at her excitedly and say, "Does that mean I can have your number?" She looked at me, "Ha. Nice try cake-eater. It's not that easy."

Then we went onto the Volleyball court and Lexi went to serve. She did a really good overhand serve and we won that round. "Wow I'm impressed," I said to her. "Why thank you Cake-eater." i laughed and said, "ok seriously who told you about that?" she looked at me and said, "A student never reveals their true sources. Also I've played Volleyball since I could walk." Then she winked at me. OH. MY. GOD. that winked killed me. We kept playing and we ended up winning. Lexi walked over to me once everyone started going back to their dorms, "well i gotta say, you're not bad i don't think i would have wanted to be partnered with anyone else."

This girl is going to break my heart...