Chapter 2: Camilla -Powers of A Lethia

I sat down, waiting in the darkness, waiting for 'Master', as I am to call him.

For what little light I'm in, my golden scales gleam in the darkness. Master has kept me down here, so the sun doesn't take away my focus. He also makes sure I stay as my Lethia form, rather Mobian so all my power is a pure as pure can get. And he says it keeps me from remembering something from my past I don't want to remember. 

I've been keeping track of the days Master has been by mentor, by watching the stars out the small barred windows where I live. It's been the only way I can relax and calm down. And the stars say it's day 366 since Master and I met.

Master has taught me much, but, I think he should allow me a break once in a while. It's just been day in, day out lessons. I think I deserve a break about now.

"Camilla!" I finally hear him call. "Come up stairs!"

I feel taken aback. He never allows me out... Unless I'm training in the lair.

~~

"Camilla." He smiles as I slowly crawl up the stone staircase.

"Master..." I almost want to be afraid what is in the hedgehog's mind.

"Camilla, tonight is a big night for you." He pats my head and grazed a finger down the folds of my wings, his hand traces further down my scaled body, making me uncomfortable. His eyes then drift out the window.

"What will I be learning?" I carefully sit down, making sure my tail doesn't smash anything, pretending nothing happened.

"I think you are ready." He still looks out the window.

"For what...?" I become more curious, yet concerned of what he's talking of.

"You are going to change back tonight. To your... Mobian form."

"But... What about what you told me?? What about my past? I don't want to remember it!" I don't want to change! 

"Camilla, calm down. It's been a year, so, I don't think you'll remember." He sounds just as enthused as me, which is saying a little bit.

"But... Master!" I plea once more

"ENOUGH, Camilla." I found his end point. "I know it's been a while, but I am no longer your Master, Camilla. From this point on, I want you to refer to me as your brother, Drake."

"Drake..." Something in the back of my mind wants to click, but no matter how hard I try, it isn't happening.

"Yes, please. Now, Camilla, I want you to change by tomorrow morning, alright?" His eye finally meet mine.

"Yes, Mas- er Drake..." I catch myself. I don't like this, in the deepest part of me.

"Good, you may now return to your room." He dismisses me quickly.

~~

I looked back at the stars. Almost tomorrow...

Drake... Where have I heard of you... I'm almost afraid. Whatever... The job is to be done...

I stood in the center of my... 'room', trying to change back.

"Camilla... Um... Mobian?" I try to remember how I looked. "Nothing..."

I look back at my stars. "Who am I?" An honest and true question to ask.

I find my claws slowly wrapping around the bars of my largest window, ripping them out of the wall. "Out." Was the only thing my mind told me.

~~

The bars lay on the floor, broken glass under the window, but most was probably outside. "Out!" The word was repeated over and over in my mind.

However, my size was a problem.  dragon cannot slip out a window, you know.

"Camilla..." I didn't even realize my name slipping out. "One and only." I smile. Someone called me their one and only. Some time ago.

A sudden blaze ran through my veins as I felt scales and wings bury themselves under my skin. 

I clenched my teeth in silence, as a final spark of golden shimmer made a small firework off my chest.

I picked up a piece of broken glass off the floor and looked at my reflection. Blond, long hair...

"Camilla?!" I hear Drake trot down the stairs. "I heard the glass. Everything sweet?"

Uh-oh... I toss myself out the window, though, it was level with the ground.

"Camilla?" I hear him again.

"Run..." My mind changes it's one-word saying. "Run!"

I take off, down the dark valley, and into a small thicket.

"Guess this is my new nest for tonight..." I whisper to myself as I craw as high as I can in a pine tree. 

I rest my head against the sticky, scented sappy bark. Closing my eyes, a hedgehog's shadow drift from the back of my memory. 

I go to ask myself who, but the silhouette becomes clearer and I realize he is Shadow.

His name fills my mind, as do memories when we were together. The safety his arms gave me, and the smile he put on my face. Where are you now? I ask, wanting to feel his arms again.

"Camilla..." I watch Drake trace outside the grove. "C'mon. There was a little more I could taught her..." The gleam in his eyes made me freeze. 

Ew ew ew ew ew ew EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW! I silently scream and curse in my head. Nasty, bro...

~~

I curl my tail tight against me. Drake hasn't returned yet, and I seriously can't sleep. I can't even try. Every time I close my eyes, some wonderful memory returns, and I want to be back in my past.  Dammit this sucks...

~~

To my own surprise, I open my eyes after a quick nap. Only to figure out that something woke me up.

Footsteps carry through the grove.

I press myself against the tree as much as I can. Not Drake...  I pray.

The hedgehog carries on down the path below.

Oh, my god... I swallow hard. This... Is all too grand.....