Chapter 7: Shadow -Safe and Sound

The cold air attacked my lungs as I woke up from my odd... rest? I was dreaming, and what not, I just couldn't relax and sleep right.

I was tired and still. My eyes felt as if they were sealed shut, I didn't want to open them, whatsoever.

I sighed and turned over, immediately feeling something scaled next to me.

I open my eyes like lightening, seeing a shadowed gold side of scales. Looking up, I saw the wing of the dragon.

The dragon then stirred, coming to her feet, in a cat sorta stretch, yawning. "Glad to see you up, Shadow."

"Um..." I stare at her cluelessly. "You too...?"

She giggles. "Shad, please tell me you can remember what all happened."

"As in the weirdo last night who looked like me, looking for Cam? Yeah."

Her expression changes. "Shadow, that was three days ago. And he was Drake. He's the one who took me, and he gave you a potion-venom sorta thing to knock you out for three days. I managed to take 24 hours off with my magic. But..."

I try to process what she says. "Took you?"

She sighs, making a blinding flash around her as she changes into... Cam?!

"Cam?! HE...? Wait, what?!"

She takes a deep breath. "Shadow, I don't want to explain right now."

I can help but smile and hug her in my fondness for such a feline. "That's alright."

Camilla seemed to hide herself against me.

"Cam, what's wrong?" I murmur, resting my chin on the top of her head.

"Everything's just getting to me right now..." Comes her extremely quiet whisper.

"What do ya mean?"

She let's out a long, exhausted sigh. "I left, to save a kid's life. She was going to be killed by her own mother in a couple hours. She was two days old, Shad. The I got back here, and Drake fricken destroyed everything around. Everything I ever longed to see. And the I seen what he did to you. Finally, I get to go to Fate and deal with this... creature from hell myself, in some twisted way."

"Woah, woah, woah. Slow down a little, sweets."

She brings her hands to her face to rub her temples. Small amounts of laughter escape her lips.

"What?" I smirk, pulling her closer.

She continues to laugh more and more as she tries to slip out of my grasp. But for once, she can't.

"Problem's, Camilla?" I eventually give a small chuckle.

"Lemme go..." She continues to struggle, this time, knocking us both to the ground.

I have the small golden-blond cat held underneath me, our breath being our only touch. "I will never let you go. And that, my Camilla, is a promise."

Her blue eyes pierce mine with at first, affection. But they suddenly change to mischief. "Seems you have though." She smirks, kicking me in the chest, throwing my off.

I land on the rock floor of our den, grimacing. "Ow?"

She laughs again. "Come on, Mr. 'Ultimate Lifeform'. Can't take a girl?" She spits a small challenge at me.

"I don't want to take my girl."

The next glare omitted from the crystal blue eyes is one of pure challenge. "I belong to no one."