Spencer Reid - the day

A/N: this  is as a request I hope you enjoy! The song is Turning Page by Sleeping At Last

You were nervous, in fact nervous didn't even compare to the way you felt today. Your hair was all done up, you had a light layer of makeup on, and the most stunning white dress you could have ever found on.

"Hey, you're perfect." Emily whispered.

You smiled a little at her and took a deep breath before letting it out.

"I'm so nervous, but I'm also so happy."

The door was opened before it quickly shut again and there was a loud squeal of excitement.

"Oh you just look so beautiful!" Garcia gushed.

You smiled shyly and looked away, feeling embarrassed with all the attention you were getting.

But that was to be expected it was your day, your and Spencer's big day, a day you would remember for you entire lives.

"He's been waiting a while you know."

You flicked your gaze between your two best friends, a huge smile on your face as you nodded.

"I know. He told him how many times he tried to propose but he couldn't."

The girls laughed lightly and both gave you a hug as you stood.

There was a soft knock on the door, and while Garcia took some photos of you, Emily went and answered it.

"You look beautiful buttercup." Rossi spoke quietly as he came over.

The girls stepped aside and let him stand before to, the pair of you smiling at one another.

"Thanks dad... I wish mom could see me now.."

Rossi smiled softly and placed a hand on the side of your face, placing a kiss to the top of your head.

"She'd be so proud of you..." he whispered back.

You threw your arms around him in a tight hug, one he was more than happy to return before the pair of you separated.

"Guys, it's time." Hotch whispered.

"Alright.." you nodded.

Everyone left you and Rossi at the door, and he held his arm out for you so you wrapped your hand around it and you both got to where you needed to be.

Outside was beautiful, the sun was setting, there were lights strung up from the trees going all over the place, everything was white and light blue.

Soft piano music started up and everyone stood up, all eyes on you.

I've waited a hundred years
But I'd wait a million more for you

Out off all the eyes that were focus on you in that moment all you could focus on was him.

Spencer Reid stood up front in a bright blue suit, his hair neatly brushed back. He was looking around nervously but when he  saw you he seemed to be frozen in time.

Nothing prepared me for
What the privilege of being yours would do
If I had only felt the warmth within your touch

You stared at each other for a while before you could slowly feel your legs starting to move on there own.

If I had only seen how you smile when you blush
Or how you curl your lip when you concentrate enough

One step at a time, the distance grew shorter and shorter.

Spencer was captivated, the way your hair bounced as you walked, or the way sometimes the golden light of the sun would brighten your eyes as they pierced through the leaves.

I would have known what I was living for all along
What I've been living for
Your love is my turning page

You were nearly in front of him, his heart was beating wildly. Never in a million years would he think he'd been here, with someone who loved him.

Every single part of him.

Where only the sweetest words remain
Every kiss is a cursive line

You could see him properly now, the warmth of his brown eyes, the small smile on his face as he stared at you.

Every touch is a redefining phrase
I surrender who I've been for who you are
For nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart

Spencer reaches out, his hands trembling as he reached for you.

Yours were just as bad as his but you still met him half way.

Rossi kisses your head, nodded to Reid and went to his rightful place as you stood up at the alter.

If I had only felt how it feels to be yours
Well, I would have known what I've been living for all along

"You look beautiful." Reid whispered.

"You don't look half bad yourself." You laughed softly.

What I've been living for
Though we're tethered to the story we must tell
When I saw you, well I knew we'd tell it well
With a whisper, we will tame the vicious seas
Like a feather, bringing kingdoms to their knees

The music died down, and the priest stood beside the pair of you as he started the ceremony.

You could barely hear a word, you were too mesmerised by Spencer, but when it came to his vows you listened I each and every line he spoke.

"I know it took me a while to propose, I was scared. I was scared you would reject me, find someone with a more stable job, or someone who made you laugh even more than I do. I was scared that you would realise there was someone better for you out there, and that I wasn't the right one. But when you said yes, I felt like the whole world had fallen into place, I had to rewrite this multiple times to try get it right, but nothing seemed correct. I tried again and again, but I love you (Y/N). I would do everything over and over it it led me back here, and I hope we have a nice family and a happy life together."

Tears pooled in your eyes, but you were quick to wipe them away and take a breath.

"I didn't really know what to say, so I just decided I'd wait. But then last week when you were playing chess by yourself because you thought I was asleep I decided what I wanted to say. I love you Spence. All of you, from your looks, your warmth and care, your smarts and how you always know something or you always have a new fact to tell. I love that on cold nights when you get home late you cover me up, or when we've been busy all day you always stop what you're doing to make sure I've eaten, even in a case. I was scared at first, relationships weren't my strong suit, but with you it's all natural, everything we do. I love the way you smile at my jokes, or always eat my cooking even if it's bad. I love you. I want a family, a life with you."

The priest carried on and the meant of truth finally came.

"Do you, Spencer Reid take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

Spencer replies without a missed beat.

"I do."

The priest turned to you.

"Do you, (Y/N) (L/N) take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

You didn't hesitate to reply.

"I do."

"Then I pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride."

Spencer wasted no time in pulling you in-for a kiss, and you wasted no time in returning it while everyone screamed and cheered.

This was the start of the life you'd been waiting for