Carlisle Cullen - I Do Love You

Carlisle has been busy for the past few weeks, he didn't talk to you or come visit. At first you put it down to stress from working, but after a week you begun to have second thoughts.

After the second week sadness set in and you begun to doubt your relationship. Did he not love you anymore? Did he want to break it off? All these thoughts took over your mind.

After the third week, you lost all hope, sitting in your living room your grabbed your phone and bit your lips, tears filling your eyes as you typed the text.

You: I understand if you don't want to be with me, if you don't love me anymore, I think it's best if you end things

With that, you pressed send, muted your phone, placed it on your table as you let the tears run free. You pulled your legs up and buried your face into your knees as you sobbed.

You weren't sure how long you were crying for but You jumped when someone knocked on the door but ignored it.

"(Y/N)? Open the door please."

You shook your head even though Carlisle couldn't see it.

"Please love, please open the door."

Sniffing, you wiped your tears and walked over, your placed your head on the wood.

"Go away Carlisle..."

"Darling, I do still love you, I promise. I love you with all my heart, i never meant to make you feel as if I didn't." He muttered.

You heard Carlisle place his head on the door with a small thud.

"Open the door love... please?"

It was silent for a few moments, taking a step back you unlocked the door with a soft click. Instantly it was opened, closed and you were engulfed into a hug.

You slipped your arms around his waist and buried your face into his chest.

"I'm so sorry..." he whispered.

Carlisle ran his hand over your hair, slowly smoothing it as he held you closely to him.

"I.. thought..." you muttered.

Carlisle pulled away and cupped your cheeks as he lowered his head, honey gold eyes gazing into yours, they were sad and full of regret.

"No, of course not! I love you, I never stopped. Oh sweetheart I should have come to see you, I've been out of town, it was so rushed I forgot to tell you."

You nuzzled your head into the crook of his next and closed your eyes, breathing in his familiar scent.

"I'm sorry I doubted you..."

"No, no don't be sorry, I should be sorry."

Carlisle picked you up bridal style and carried you to the couch. He laid down and you laid on top of him, silently hugging him.

"I love you Carlisle."

Carlisle kissed your head.

"I love you too, I'll make this right, I promise."