Chapter Six | Little Lies.

Although I'm not making plans
I hope that you understand there's a reason why
Close your, close your, close your eyes
No more broken hearts
We're better off apart let's give it a try
Tell me, tell me, tell me lies.

His scent lingered on my skin like the smoke of a cigarette. I hadn't seen him in a whole four days which was odd for us, last time we spent that much time apart was when he joined Motley Crue on tour for a month or two. I sat by my window, staring out at the empty street just hoping I'd see his car pull in from the road. I had a bad feeling, just like the last time when I found him kissing some other girl who he claimed threw herself on him. I didn't even get mad and to this day I wish I had, I did feel stupid but I love him so much. I can't bare the thought of not having him. I glance back at the clock for the tenth time in two minutes and sigh frustratedly. I couldn't just sit around waiting for him to come to me, I had to go and see him. I had to know why he had been avoiding me for the last few days, I wanted to know what I had done wrong. I grab my keys from my desk and jog down the stairs eagerly only to bump into my very drunk old man.

"Watch where you're going" He grumbles, his voice hoarse from all the screaming he had done a previous half an hour ago. Don't ask, he was always yelling at me nowadays. Ever since his prostitute girlfriend walked out on him for another four men. 

"Sorry pops" I mumble, quickly walking past him and out the door.

"You doing okay kid?" I hear somebody walk into the bathroom. I didn't realize I had been lost in thought as I quickly snap out of my subconscious and turn to see Mick standing in the doorway.

"Oh.. yeah. Yeah I am" I nod feeling all flustered. I pick up the phone and put a smile on my face.

"He called didn't he?" Is all Mick says. It was creepy how well he could read situations. Maybe he was psychic and just wasn't telling anyone.

"Am I that readable?" I question, placing the phone back down and sighing. I lean against the wall, crossing my arms over my chest. He chuckles dryly and shuts the door behind him so nobody could hear our conversation.

"I'll beat his ass if you want?" 

"He's already got his never-ending number of sluts to do that" I mumble angrily. I was doing fine without him, why did he have to phone me and ruin the small amount of respect I had built up for myself? Now I just felt stupid and unwanted again. 

"He's a piece of shit Eve. Trust me, I've always known there was something sleezy about that fucker. Ever since I saw him get drunk and weirdly touch up all the women." Mick tells me.

"I thought you were friends?" 

"Call it friends if you will. He was tolerable but that doesn't mean I fucking worshipped the ground he walked on. I mean the other guys love him and I've never understood why. He's just a fucking hippie playing happy families with rock bands" 

I burst out laughing at Mick's comment just as he cracks a smile.

"Now let's forget about that arsehole and if he calls again, I'll tell him where to stick it okay?" 

"Okay" I nod, immediately feeling better about the whole situation. I pick the phone back up and follow Mick back out and into the dressing room where the boys were setting up cups on the table.

"Oh shit, you're back. Who was it?" Vince questions nosily. 

"Mind your own damn business singer" Mick mumbles, walking over to the couch and whipping out a big bottle of vodka.

"I was only asking old man" Vince rolls his eyes before getting the jack Daniels out of the fridge.

"Up for a game of beer pong Brooks?" Nikki asks while zipping up his leather pants, his hair swooping as he does so. Man I couldn't help but stare at him, he always looked good but seeing him in those tight leather pants without a top was very alluring. He glances over and notices me staring which only boosts his ego. 

"Like what you see huh?" He smirks, chewing his gum audibly. Tommy smirks and comes up behind Nikki smacking his ass with a cigarette in his mouth.

"Hell yeah dude" Tommy winks flirtatiously, practically saving my ass for being caught staring.

"See everyone's appreciating" I shrug, grabbing a already filled cup and sipping it.

"Leave some for the game!" Vince exclaims. "Jack Daniels doesn't grow on trees you know"

"Neither do condoms Vinny, keep that in mind the next time you use up a whole box in one night" 

..........

My plan on getting Doc in on the action went down a treat, he was currently on one of the tables in Tommy's dressing room where the after party was going on and singing into one of Vince's sweaty shoes with all his clothes ruffled and undone, it was quite the sight. I laugh out loudly, handing him up another triple vodka and coke as I squeeze through the large crowd around him to do so. 

"Yo Eve!" I hear Nikki call from the other side of the room, signaling me over with his hand. I look over to see him and Tommy along with two of their roadies Joe and Liam surrounding a table with a bag of the good stuff on it. That had me moving over there immediately, I was no longer interested in watching Doc make a fool out of himself but man was he going to regret it in the morning.

......

Forty five minutes had passed and I had gotten myself into pretty much the same mess as Doc but my clothes were still in tact... well for the time being. I spin around on the dance floor with Vince, laughing and tripping over nearly every step we made. He pulls me in and we sway quickly to the music as I glance over his shoulder to see Nikki dancing with some blonde chick who had joined us over at the table forty five minutes ago, I guess she hadn't gotten the hint he was taken. Vince spins me around and pulls me back in, dipping me rather gracefully just as Mick appears suddenly. Vince glances up in fright and drops me as I land onto the wood awkwardly. 

"Oh shit!" Vince exclaims, squatting down next to me. I groan out and glare at both Mick and Vince from the floor, what the fuck was the need? My heart nearly fell out my ass there. 

"Jesus Christ, fucking dipshits" I mumble agitatedly, rubbing my elbow as I sit up quickly. I could see Vince had covered his mouth, trying to hide the smile that was on his lips. Mick gives me a hand  to pull me back up to my feet, I dust myself down quickly secretly hoping nobody saw what had just happened.

"What the fuck were you hanging around for like that? You scared the shit out of me!" I exclaim over the music. 

"I was just letting you know Doc's puked all over the carpet in the hall so head out the other exit to avoid falling in leftover taco bell"

"Holy shit!" Vince exclaims with a smirk on his face, looking behind me. What the hell was he looking at? I quickly turn around to see exactly where he was pointing... and of course it was Nikki making out with this girl. Well he's changed his tune for sure. 

"That's your fault for convincing him" I turn back around and shake my head at Vince.

"Oh come off it, he's a grown ass man. He can do whatever he likes, this was not my fault" He chuckles. I roll my eyes and take the vodka bottle Mick was holding, pulling off the lid and downing a good few gulps of the liquor. Luckily enough, I was the only one who was allowed to touch Mick's vodka. I pull it away from my lips and wipe a hand over my mouth before turning back around to see the whole make out session begin to escalate. I think watching him kiss that girl burned more than the vodka did going down, why wasn't I good enough for him? I mean yeah I wasn't blonde and I didn't have fake tits or the tan they had... or the good looks either I guess. I needed to stop! Jesus, I needed to stop being such a fucking wipe. I hand the vodka back to Mick and nod to myself. I was determined to have a good fucking night, I said I would and now I was gonna do it. Fuck Nikki Sixx.