Chapter One | Still Of The Night.

In the shadow of night
I see the full moon rise
Telling me what's in store
My heart start aching
My body start a shaking
And I can't take no more.

February 20th 1985

"Stop moping around will ya? It's giving me a headache" My old man speaks up, pulling me out of my daze. I was literally just staring at the wall, making no noise whatsoever. I roll my eyes at him and push myself up from the floor where I was sat.

"Thanks for the sympathy pops" I sarcastically mumble while heading over to the door to my room.

"Hey while you're up, get me some beers from the store" He grumbles. Well there was no way that was happening. I had a party to go to and I wasn't cancelling again just because my old man needed me to be his personal butler all night.

"I can't pops, I'm heading out in five minutes" I mention. The look he gave me was enough to send weird shivers down my spine, I hated those fucking looks. He turns back to the television with an angry expression on his face.

"Selfish bitch" I hear him mumble and man did that catch my attention.

"Hey don't be a fucking asshole! I've slaved around for fifteen years just because you couldn't be bothered getting up off your lazy ass to get anything okay? I'm spending tonight with my friends"

"Friends? And you have the nerve to ask why your toy boy cheated on you" He scoffs. I frown and fold my arms in a defensive manner.

"What the hells that supposed to mean?" 

"He cheated on you for a reason sweetheart, being friends with a bands obviously gonna burn him out especially if they're all men and if you're anything like your mother I get why he got the hell outta there. Go out, I hope you have a lousy fuckin time. Oh and wipe that makeup off of your face, you look like a hooker" He chuckles in his strong jersey accent before turning back to the television. I had to bite down so hard on my fist to stop me from saying something I'll most likely regret. He didn't know shit. Yeah my ex cheated, yes this was a few days ago and yeah I'm pretty pissed. Nobody knew but my old man and I wish I'd kept my mouth shut. I glare at the hopeless man in front of me, hoping it would shoot god damn flames through his body. Two could play at that game... I walk over and grab the beer that sat beside the couch he was sitting on, knowing god damn well it was his last beer in the house. I pop it open, gaining his attention almost immediately. 

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" He questions in a threatening tone. I could only smirk as I tip the can around and watch as all the beer splatters against our wooden floors. That was gonna anger him.

"You fucking bitch!" He yells, attempting to push himself up but unfortunately for him he was too fucked to move. I run over to the house phone and dial in the number to the phone that doc kept in case the boys families or friends needed them. On the third ring I hear Doc's voice again, man was it a comfort.

"Hey Doc it's me" 

"Oh hey kid, how are ya?" He asks me cheerfully. If he wanted the truth, I wasn't giving it to him. Then again... I think my old mans screaming in the background probably gave him an idea.

"Yeah... yeah I'm doing good, I was wondering if I'm able to join you guys on the road for a bit. It's been a while and things are just a bit... dull at the minute"

"I can sure hear that... that shouldn't be a problem kid, have you got money for flights?" 

"Yeah, I've been saving up" I nod slowly as I play with the wire of the phone.

"Okay well head on over anytime you'd like. We're in Malibu for two nights, phone me when you arrive and I'll send someone over to get you"

"Thanks Doc, I will do. Just keep me heading over as a secret, I wanna surprise the boys. They've been begging me to come out and see them but I keep pushing it back" I hadn't seen them all in nine months, that was so weird to me when we used to see each other nearly every damn day.