Prologue

(3rd POV)

The girl on the bed grunted as she twisted and turned. As she did the lights in the small room flickered. She groaned as she press her face into the pillow, the door slammed open as her father and mother rushed in, stumbling over to the bed they grabbed her shoulders shaking her trying to wake her up. 

"моля събуди се" Her father said worried for his daughter. The girl groaned fighting in his hold. Her eyes flew open glowing a bright purple as she sat up with a gasp.

"Тя се събуди."

I wandered down the street smiling and waving at the familiar faces, I dug my hand deeper into my pockets hoping to warm them I stumbled slightly when I bumped into someone's shoulder

"съжалявам" I muttered as I continued "hey wait! do you know English?" I paused turning to the blond man "yes" I looked him up and down. "can I help you?" The man rubbed the back of his neck nervously "yea, um I'm looking for someone" I stare at him contemplating my answer. "do i know you?" I ask squinting. "um, i don't know" I shake my head "anyway, who are you looking for?"

He pauses looking to the side for a second "um, Katerina Dimiterov?" He spoke hesitantly completely butchering the name. I smirk looking down, "you mean Katrina Dimitrov?" He seemed to cringe when he realized he said the name wrong. "yea, uh. I need to speak to her about something urgent." I shifted my feet crossing my arms.

"And yet you don't know what she looks like?" he frowned confused. I watched in amusement as he tried to under stand what I said "wait- h-how did you know i don't know what she looks like?" He looks down at me in confusion. I smiled again "because if you did you probably wouldn't be asking for help" he nodded in realization "ah."

"anyway" I turn walking towards my house "she lived this way" I don't wait for the man, knowing he would follow. I listen to he footsteps which catch up quickly. "how um, how do you know English?" I glance over my should at him. "My mother lived in Mexico near the border, met a lot of Americans" He nodded falling into step next to me. 

I turn to the white fence when I reach it pushing it open I jog across the small yard to the front door. I turn to the blond man "you coming?" I called to him, who was still standing at the fence. When I called out he nodded and slowly walked over.

"before we go in you should know that my family is quite energetic" I smirk when he face contorts. I push the door open dropping my backpack at the corner of the room as i call out "Ma, Miguel I'm home!" I pause when i hear the thumps from the living room doorway. "Твоят дом!" My 14 year old brother squeaks as he jumps at me.

I giggle wrapping my arms arounds his midsection. "Разбира се, приятелю" I plop him on the ground. "кой блондинката?" he glared at the man still standing behind me awkwardly. "просто му помагам да търси някого" Miguel nodded slowly retreating to the living room. 

I turn to the man. "she's up here" I point to the stair as I walk up. I wait for him to follow me before I head to my room, I open the door gesturing for him to enter. "I thought you said she was in here?" The man looked around the room with a questioning look "she is." I lean back against the closed door as he whips around to look at me. "you-your Katrina?" He points at me in what i think is disbelief.

"yup." I nod looked ad him tilting my head. "why didn't you just say that earlier?" he asks standing against the opposite wall. "I didn't want the people who were following you to hear me." he seems surprised and a little sheepish that I knew his friends were there. "Yes, I knew they were there" he shifted weight. "Who are you?" I cross my arms waiting for a response because I diffidently have seen him somewhere. He sighs in defeat "Steve, Steve Rogers" He raises he hand waiting for me to shake it.