3. CIVIL WAR

EDITED 9

EDITED 9.4.24

KATRINA

The ride back was silent. Well, pyschically. 

Mentally- It was so loud.

Katrina wasn't even activlly listening, but it was so loud she couldn't not hear stray thoughts. The witch keeps my hand on Wanda's as she stares down at the ground. 

She glanced up when she feels the quinjet slowly land on the roof of the compound. Katrina stays at Wanda's side as they walk out. she walks closely next to her as she heads straight for her room.

"Don't..." She pauses slightly turning to Katrina, "I need to be alone for a little while." The bulgarian looks at her face for a moment before nodding. "Ok, but I'm here if you need me." Katrina grasps her hand squeezing, before turning and leaving for her own floor.

Stepping into the plain room she sighs. With a groan Katrina tugs off her hoodie and beanie. Kicking off her boots she fall fowards onto the large bed. 

Katrina rolls over onto her back staring up at the ceiling. Today was a shit show

She clenches her eyes shut, squishing the palms of her hand into her eyes. I could have helped Wanda contain it. I could have done something. But I just stood there.

Exhaling through her nose, she pulls her hands away from her eyes looking up at the gray ceiling. Feeling a buzz, she fishes her phone out of the pocket in her jeans.

Tony Stark.

Calling...

Accept                Decline

Swiping the call she pull the phone to her ear. "You've reached the lifelike robot of Kat-"

"Kat shut up." She clicks her jaw shut. "Steve isnt answering, What happened?" She sighs. "Steve told us about some sightings of Rumlow, we went to Lagos to do recon." Katrina sits up leaning over the side of the bed. "He was there for some kind of biological weapon thing, he got it and started running."

"Steve got him, they were fighting- and then suddenly he was blowing himself up and Wanda-" 

"Ok." Tony cut in, Katrina closes her mouth taking in a deep breath. "I didn't even do anything." She swallows the lump she could feel forming in her throat, "I could have helped, but I just stood there." 

"I could hav-'"

"Enough, Kat-" He pauses, "Kat, maybe you could have done something but you didn't. Theres no point in thinking about that." She nods.

"Right." She voices, remembering he couldn't see her. "Ok." 

"Kat, do you want to come back to the tower? Your floors still available." She pauses to think. "Not yet, I think I should stay here for a few weeks."

"Alright. Well, I've got to go- I have a presentation at MIT in a few day." She hears him moving over the phone, a door closes. "I need to go work on that."

"I'll talk to your later alright?"

"Thanks Tony." Katrina ends the call, tossing it onto bedside table.

Sorry it's so short.