1. INFINITY WAR

KATRINA

KATRINA

Kat rushed down the sidewalk towards the 'Holiday Inn'. She apologised every few moments when she bumped into someone as she turned the corner, the inn in sight.

Quickly rushing in, she apoligizes to Naomi as she moves around the couter- taking off her coat and hanging it up as she clocks in. 

In the few months they had been living in Edinburgh, they had managed to find a small flat that fit the three ex-avengers- Wanda had earned a job at a small bookstore, the apartment just above it.

Katrina had been lucky enough to get a job by Naomi at the inn they had stayed at the first few weeks. 

She takes a seat at the desk, and signs into the comupter and begins scrolling through the room bookings and working on unfinished paperwork. Naomi- the elderly woman whom owned the inn- bustled around the entry hall, cleaning the surfaces with a small smile. 

Since the incindent the worlds been calling the 'civil war', Katrina has tried different ways to hide her identity. Hats and sunglasses, hair dye, different styled clothes and make-up but unfortunatly theres always one person that vaguly recognizes her.

She keeps it a secert from Wanda and Vis, but she uses her magic to cloak her identity- she looks the same but others see someone slightly different. 

Katrina calls it the 'Cinderella spell'.

"Ahem."

Katrina flinched, glancing up at the snooty woman on the opposite side of the desk.  "Hi, how can I help you." Kat smiles politly, clenching her jaw when the woman scoffs in disgust. "I wan' a room." The woman spoke with a thick scottish accent, making it difficult for Kat to understand her.

"Of course, one bed?" Katrina askes, turning to the computer typing in for any availibe rooms. "Obviously, theres only one of me ain't there." The woman spoke, glaring down her nose at Katrina. The ravenette smiled tightly.

"Of course." She continues helping the infuriating woman, taking longer than usual with the snide comments the woman kept making. When the woman finally left for her room Katrina sunk into her chair with a sigh. Unconsously she twitches her finger under the desk, her eyes closed as she took deep breaths to calm down. 

_+_

The bell jingled as Katrina pushed the door open. 

"I'm home." She called out quietly, waiting for a response. "In here!" Turning down one of the isles she finds Wanda crouched on the ground with a stack of books. "Hey." Wanda grins when she sees Katrina.

"Hi." Wanda pushes off the floor, bringing the last two books with her. "I'm almost done, ok?" She says as she turns the corner, Katrina following behind her. "Alright, I'm just gonna go upstairs and change." Kat turns with Wanda nods, moving around the small store until she was behind the counter and making her way up the stairs to their apartment. 

Quickly, she changes into a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt grabbing her bag as she jumps back down the stairs to join Wanda.

"Alright ready to go- oh, sorry." Kat pauses when she notices the customer on the other side of the counter interacting with Wanda. "One moment, ok?"  Wanda smiles over her shoulder before turning back to the older man. Katrina nods awkwardly, stuffing her hands in her pockets while she waits.

"Alirght, have a nice day." Kat looks up when Wanda bids the man goodbye, turning Wanda grins at Kat. "Ok, lets go." The two smile, leaving the small store. Wanda locks the door behind them- flipping the sign to 'closed'.

Unedited.