Chapter 23 - Entrance Exams Part 1

After having just 3 hours of sleep, I got up for a short run. Just so I could visit mom and grandma before the entrance exam. it was a 20-minute run to visit them. I got up and wore my sweatshirt and a pair of pants and go off for a run.

Running to the Paragon Hills was quick, there weren't many people around at this time and most of the people were mostly asleep since it was a Sunday. Yes, the entrance exams to UA are held on Sundays.

I reached the Paragon Hills and went to visit mom and grandma.

"Hey ma, grandma. Todays the UA entrance exam. I hope I do well. I know that I have prepared well, and you would tell me not to worry about the exam but still. I need to do well so I can be a hero like a grandma and dad. I will do my best mom. Wish me luck. I'll see you soon. Hopefully with Uraraka as my girlfriend. Bye, mom."

As I leave the hill, my thoughts kept wandering around going all over the place. I was revising some topic at one instant while wondering how I would ask Uraraka out after the exam in the next. Calling it chaotic was, to say the least.

I came home from the hills in a record 18 minutes and instantly went for a shower. I thought of changing into an All Might tracksuit but decided against it. Instead of showing the inner fanboy, I decided to wear the tracksuit Uncle David gave me last year for Christmas. It wasn't much to look at but was made of a pretty strong material that could handle both my quirks and was pretty comfortable.

It had a green and black color theme and matched my gloves. Yeah, I still wore my glove but not always. Just when I needed to. The gloves had also been modified so they were able to handle the heat and the force I generated while using Enhance. I had to get a special permission slip from Uncle Nezu to wear them in the Exams since they were basically support items. The gloves were now the same color instead of my old green and black on one hand and blue, red, and white on the other. They were now just green and black to match my current tracksuit and the hero suit I had in mind.

I wore my suit and went down to have breakfast with Granpa. Which honestly was a surprise as I didn't expect him to be there. After finishing my breakfast, we left in one of the cars dad owned. It wasn't a limo this time since we never used it much. Maybe once in a few months or if dad had a hero conference to attend. We used it to get to the place where we trained because it needed to go out for its yearly service and dad thought it would be a nice idea to let us use it for once.

Monosuke dropped us at the entrance of UA and we walked in. Granpa left after kaachan and Uraraka arrived. The 3 of us walked in and not a word was exchanged between us. there was no need to since we all knew that the other was mentally preparing for the exam.

<Third Person POV>

They sat in the waiting area with the rest of the people who decided to give the exams.

The room was silent. Students, who had been given numbers, went in batches of 10 per room into 5 rooms where they wrote the test. An hour-long test that included almost all the things everybody was taught up to high school. Basics on quirk laws, some logical reasoning, mental aptitude, etc. the test was a 3-hour paper but was supposed to be done in an hour to emphasize the point that time is and always will be of the essence.

After the written test was over, the 3 childhood friends meet up near the entrance and discuss the answers to the paper as most kids did. After a few minutes of paper discussion which Katsuki found pointless, the 3 head to a nearby stall to buy some food. They still had 3 hours till the practical portions of the exams.

The 3 idled around the school in the nearby park till there was an hour left for the exams at which point they left the park and walked back to the entrance and proceeded to walk into the auditorium for the 'briefing' UA had organized regarding the entrance exams.