11 - Elevator's not worthy

We all went to visit the new facility. Well, everyone but Lila and Clint. They probably missed their family. Tera, Morgan, and I finally got some alone time.

"The rules have changed." I said as we walked down the long hall way.

"We're dealing with something new." Morgan confirmed.

"Well, the Vision's artificial intelligence." I said.

"A machine."

"So it doesn't count."

"No. It's not like a person lifting the hammer."

"Right. Different rules for us."

"Nice guy, but artificial."

"Exactly!"

"If he can wield the hammer, he can keep the Mind Stone. It's safe with the Vision and these days, safe is in short supply." Tera finally spoke.

"But if you put the hammer in an elevator..." I started.

"It would still go up." Morgan replied.

"Elevator's not worthy." I continued.

" I'm going to miss these little talks of ours." Tera said.

"Well, not if you don't leave." Morgan protested.

"I have no choice. The Mind Stone is the fourth of the Infinity Stones to show up in the last few years. That's not a coincidence. Someone has been playing an intricate game and has made pawns of us. But once all these pieces are in position..."

"Dang. Triple Yatzee?!" Morgan joked.

"You think you can find out what's coming?" I asked.

"I do. Besides this one, there's nothing that can't be explained." Morgan said in reference to Morgan's remark. Her dad walked up to her and a beam of light came and in a matter of seconds, they were gone.

"Those gods have no regard for lawn maintenance. I'm gonna miss him though. And you're gonna miss me. There's gonna be a lot of manful tears." Morgan walked over to her dads car.

"I'm gonna miss you." I said.

"Yeah? I doubt that." She said. I laughed. Tony came by and gestured her to the car. Dad came as well.

"Well, it's time for me to tap out. Maybe I should take a page out of Barton's book and build Pepper a farm, hope nobody blows it up." He said, getting in the car.

"The simple life." Dad said.

"You'll get there one day."

"I hope." He looked at me and smiled. They drove off and it was just us.

"Well..what are we going to do now?" I asked.

"Well, Bucky's still on the loose. Maybe we should go after him."

" We're gonna need help."

"Yep. But that's what Sam's for."

"Ouch. That was ruff." Dad chuckled. "Well let's head inside."

As I looked at him, I remembered something. "Okay. Star - Spangled man."

He looked at me. He eyes widened. "How did you f-"

"I saw the video." He laughed. He pulled me in and rested his arm on my shoulders, around my neck. I started to hum the tune of the song. "Stop." He said.

Steve P.O.V.

We walked inside. Brooke found Barry and they started to talk. I noticed Nat staring at the wall. "You want to keep staring at the wall, or do you want to go to work? I mean, it's a pretty interesting wall." I joked.

"I thought you and Tony were still gazing into each other's eyes. How do we look?"

"Well, we're not the '27 Yankees." She gestured tot he tablet in my hands. I handed her a tablet. I kinda forgot about that.

" We've got some hitters."

"They're good. They're not a team."

"Let's beat 'em into shape." We opened the door to see Rhodey, Sam in his falcon suit, Wanda with Billy and Tommy, and Vision.

"Avengers...!"

589 words

WE ARE DONE!!! Civil war's next!