6 - United Nations

𝖵 𝖨 𝖤 𝖭 𝖭 𝖠

Barry POV

Ah yes. The Untied Nations. We were in a modern complex with some interest my shaped high rise buildings. I like to take notice of building.

"At a special United Nations conference 117 countries have come together to ratify the Sokovia Accords." One of the News Anchors said. I noticed T'Challa wearing a sharp suit and Talia, his daughter, wearing a black pencil dress. I held my moms hand tight. This was giving me major anxiety.

"Excuse me, Miss Romanoff?" A UN Staffer asked.

"Yes?"

"These need your signature." I looked over at Talia as my mom signed. "Thank you."

"Thanks." They walked over to us.

"I suppose neither of us is used to the spotlight." Talia said to me. "Oh, well, it's not always so flattering." I rubbed my neck. I knew what was happening. She must like me. Unfortunately for her, I'm only into one girl.

Brooklyn Rogers.

But she didn't need to know that.

"You seem to be doing alright so far. Considering your last trip to Capitol Hill . . . I wouldn't think you would be particularly comfortable in this company." T'Challa said.

"Well, I'm not." Mom replied.

"That alone makes me glad you're here, Miss Romanoff."

"Why? You don't approve of all this?" She asked.

"The Accords, yes. The politics, not really. Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred." Talia nodded her head in agreement.

"Unless you need to move a piano." The voice belonged to King T'Chaka.

"Father."

"Grandfather."

"Son. Granddaughter. Mr Banner. Miss Romanoff." He acknowledged us.

"King T'Chaka. Please, allow me to apologize for what happened in Nigeria."

I didn't know what to do. So under pressure, I bowed to them. They just laughed.

"No. No. We don't do that here." T'Challa said.

Well, the more you know.

"Thank you. Thank you for agreeing to all this. I'm sad to hear that Captain Rogers and his daughter will not be joining us today." The king said.

Honestly, Same here. I would kill to have my funny best friend here with me. But from what I heard from my mom, she wasn't very happy right now.

"Yes, so am I." Mom spoke for both of us. "If everyone could please be seated. This assembly is now in session." Said the man on the speakers.

"That is the future calling. Such a pleasure." Talia said.

"Thank you." I said. Mom and I left.