13 - Spiderman

𝖰 𝖴 𝖤 𝖤 𝖭 𝖲

Third Person

A boy walked out of the elevator holding a DVD - Player and with a backpack on his shoulder. He walked into his apartment where his Aunt May sat on the couch with the one and only Tony Stark.

"Hey, May." The boy said happily.

"Mmm. Hey. How was school today?" She asked.

"Okay. This crazy car parked outside . . . "He started. Peter saw Tony and his eyes widened.

"Oh, Mr. Parker." Tony said.

"Um . . ." Peter took out his earbuds. "What--what are you doing . . .? Hey! Uh, I'm--Im--I'm Peter."

"Tony."

"What are . . .what are you--what are you--what are you doing here?"

"It's about time we met. You've been getting my e-mails, right?"

"Yeah. Yeah."

"Right?"

"Regarding the . . ."

"You didn't tell me about the grant." May joined in. "About the grant." Peter said.

"The September Foundation."

"Right."

"Yeah. Remember when you applied?"

"Yeah."

"I approved, so now we're in business."

"You didn't tell me anything. What's up with that? You keeping secrets from me now?" May said angrily.

"Why, I just, I just . . . I just know how much you love surprises, so I thought I would let you know . . . wh . . . anyway, what did I apply for?"

"That's what I'm here to hash out." Tony said.

"Okay. Hash, hash out, okay."

"It's so hard for me to believe that she's someone's aunt." Tony said. May giggled. "Yeah, well, we come in all shapes and sizes, you know?"

"This walnut date loaf is exceptional."

"Let me just stop you there." Peter said.

"Yeah?"

"Is this grant, like, got money involved or whatever? No?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah?"

"It's pretty well funded." Tony reassured him.

"Wow." Peter was amazed and confused.

"Look who you're talking to. Can I have 5 minutes with him?"

"Sure!" May said.

In Peter's bedroom Tony bolted the door and spit out the walnut loaf. "As walnut date loaves go, that wasn't bad." He noticed Peters collection of old computers. "Whoa, what do we have here? Retro tech, huh? Thrift store? Salvation Army?"