12 - Downstairs. Where's yours?

Steve POV

Bucky was on the rooftop helipad. He marched up to a blue chopper and pulls the lock off the door. He got in the pilot seat. I rushed outside and sprinted toward the rising chopper. I leaped and grabbed the landing gear. Muscles bulging, I  pulled hard and the chopper struggled to gain height. My feet kicked for traction then I got them flat on the helipad. The chopper dragged me onto the weak looking mesh framing the helipad. I grabbed the railing with one hand and clinged  to the landing gear with the other. I gritted my teeth and my neck strained with the incredible effort. Bucky glowered from inside the chopper then threw the joystick left and the chopper's nose slammed into the edge of the helipad. The rotor-blades  smashed to pieces and I ducked as the tail swung around. The chopper lied twisted on the mesh at the edge of the pad. I rose beside the canopy. Bucky's arm smashed through the glass and growled he grabs my throat. I tried to gasp for breath. The chopper started to list over the edge. The tail broke off and fell into the river below. Bucky kept hold of me as the whole vehicle dropped and slammed into the river. The impact seemed to knock Bucky out cold and he let go of me. The body of the chopper sunk quickly to the riverbed along with other debris. I surfaced with Bucky in my arms.

I guess I'm returning the favor of him saving my daughter. Man, I wish she was here right now. I would give anything to see her. But I won't be able to and Sharon called me earlier telling me she found my find Brooke and that she must have ran away.

~~~~~~

We were in a huge abandoned warehouse. Bucky came to with his metallic left arm clamped in a huge industrial vice. I peered through a gap at a chopper flying overhead. Sam was over by Bucky.

"Hey Cap!" He said. I went over to Sam by Bucky, who sat with his arm in the vice. We stared at him.

"Steve." He started.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" I asked scared. I was hoping he was no longer 'the Winter Soldier'.

"Your mom's name was Sarah...You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." I smiled. I'm glad my Buck was back.

"Can't read that in a museum." I said.

"Just like that, we're suppose to be cool?" Sam asked concerned.

"What did I do?" Bucky asked worriedly.

"Enough." I said.

"Oh, God, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words."

"Who was he?" I asked.

"I don't know." He replied.

"People are dead. The bombing, the setup. The doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you. I need you to do better than "I don't know.""

"He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where."

"Why would he need to know that?"

"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier."

Bucky told us about the others that were out there.

"Who were they?" I asked.

"Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum." Bucky answered.

"They all turn out like you?" Sam asked.

"Worse."

I felt bad for Bucky. He had a tough life. I wished he had a life like me. Instead he was stuck with HYDRA.

"The doctor, could he control them?"

Again, Bucky said, "Enough."

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall."

"With these guys he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize, They can take a whole country down in one night. You'd never see them coming."

Sam stepped up to me. I knew he was about to say something snarky, but actually it wasn't that bad. "This would have been a lot easier a week ago."

"If we call Tony . . ." I started.

"No, he won't believe us."

"Even if we did. . . "

"Who knows if the Accords would let him help."

"We're on our own."

"Maybe not. I know a guy."

Morgan POV

"I don't suppose you have any idea where they are?" Secretary Roses asked.

"We will. GSG-9's got the borders covered. Recon's flying 24/7. They'll get a hit. We'll handle it." Dad said.

"You don't get it, Stark. It's not yours to handle. It's clear you can't be objective. I'm putting Special Ops on this."

I hate when the adults say things they think I can't understand. Sometimes the adults forget that I'm a Stark.

"What happens when the shooting starts? What, do you kill Steve Rogers?" Natasha asked.

"Let's hope not. . ." Barry mumbled. We were both worried about Brooklyn. We recently got the word about her being missing.

"If we're provoked. Barnes would've been eliminated in Romania if it wasn't for Rogers. There are dead people who would be alive now. Feel free to check my math." Mr. Ross said.

"All due respect, you're not going to solve this with boys in bullets, Ross. You gotta let us bring them in." Dad pleaded.

"How would that end any differently from the last time?" Secretary Ross asked.

"Because this time, I won't be wearing loafers and a silk shirt. 72 hours, guaranteed."

"36 hours. Barnes. Rogers. Wilson."

"Thank you, sir." Dad said. He then slumped, exhaling. "My left arm is numb, is that normal?" He asked.

I patted him on the shoulder. "Are you alright dad?" I asked.

"Always." I noticed his cut on his brow and his massive black eye. "36 hours, jeez."

"We're seriously understaffed." Natasha said.

"Oh, yeah. It'd be great if we had a Hulk right about now. Any shot?"

"I don't think he would be on our side." Barry suggested.

"No. I guess not." I added.

" I have an idea." Nat said.

"Me too. Where's yours?"

"Downstairs. Where's yours?" And with that, dad let out a soft smile.

1016 words

I apologize for the slow update!